Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#6,378 ·
Sweet Matt, looks awesome! Even with the shipping damage this hood install just seems way to easy for you for what you normally go through...lol!! Good job buddy. More guys are benefiting from you blazing the trail...lmao....oops, not that you're a trail blazer or anything...sorry, was meant as a compliment...lol

#6,374 ·
I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Passmg2 and Mohpar
#6,383 ·
Those look great!

Do they stay black after wear? I'm getting them if they do!

#6,376 ·
Do they stay black after braking?

#6,381 ·
Hey Matt! I like the hood, nice to se you got it fixed ok. I think I'd paint the mesh black though. Cheers!

Reactions: Mohpar
#6,393 ·
That's awesome! haha! My wife is really good at finding cool little Jeep things too. Most of the stuff hanging on the walls of my garage are from her

Reactions: Jfra
#6,394 ·
Installed the BT catch can right after the first oil change. Easy 10 min install and the dealer was familiar and sais that I would not have to worry about any warranty issues. The existing tube was pretty much clear so, it does not appear that much oil went through prior to the install. It did take over a month for the BT to ship but, it has very good quality so, it was worth the wait.

Monday, I am having the Xpel clear bra installed.

#6,416 ·
With the 5% discount code? Either way not bad.

#6,422 ·
How do they compare to the sessanata's?

#6,426 · (Edited)
They ride very well, definitely feel like a softer compound. I took them through some tight roads along the woods and they respond very well. I have yet to see how they compare in the rain. As of right now the only downside is they do not have the radical tread but these are more like a high end track tire. They are also asymmetrical so you can rotate them left to right

I see an image of a beautiful dog! Husky?
Good eye :) I planted them there lol. They are malamutes. You can see my big boy and the tail of his sister.

Those look nice, Tim!!! Sure you want to sell?

Thank you and I am sure [emoji39] Have you seen the refaced 2017 GTR? I am sold

#6,424 · (Edited)
Ha! I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. I was just admiring how shiny the paint was. Well, today I put my summer wheels with tires mounted back on. Nothing too exciting, the Good Year Run Flats on the stock Durabrite wheels. I'm one of the few on here that actually like the Durabrites & the Good Years.