Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#6,032 ·
Yeah its not the application of epoxy that's hard, that's the fun part its the concrete prep. And if you have a sealed concrete floor like I do you just clean and etch the concrete the best you can and hope for the best. The prep will dictate the quality and longevity of your floor.

#6,033 ·
Yall need to check that website out I listed pic from. Armorpoxy is the company and the product is called armor clad. It comes with everything to do a professional job even all the prep work. All for under $900

#6,041 ·
New serpentine belt this morning

Surprised the old belt looked so good, though was stretched.

#6,042 ·
What brand did you go with?

Reactions: Passmg2
#6,043 ·
Reactions: Passmg2
#6,044 ·
Powder Coated my Bwoody intake. Got it for $90, and PC for $80. Intake manifold and Catch Can are next week.
Dog Dog breed Canidae Carnivore Great dane
Canidae Dog Dog breed Auto part Fawn

I bought my wife a birthday gift what would of cost me ported intake and heads. Happy wife, happy life is what they say. FTW.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

#6,055 ·
Addressed a rear differential leak and put on my PML cover that's been in my garage forever.
Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Vehicle Auto part Car

#6,057 ·
Addressed a rear differential leak and put on my PML cover that's been in my garage forever.
View attachment 151913
I've got one of those in the garage too. Just waiting until the diff oil needs changing & I'll have it put on. Looks great!

Reactions: bxcharger
#6,056 · (Edited)
Installed PowerStop Z23 pads today.. was a hell of a job compared to when I did it to my SRT Charger at 800 miles. The jeep has 19K, but man.. the brake dust from the Brembo pads was baked on as bad as gun carbon! Took a ton of pounding and lube to get the pins and bolts loose. Ended up taking 4 hours when it should've only been 2 hours tops.

They sacrifice a -tiny - you may not even notice - bit of initial bite, but do not dust... well you get a very fine layer after 1000+ miles, but NOWHERE near the awfulness of the Brembo pads. There's a lot of talk about these pads on the Hellcat forum - was surprised to not see any info here on them. Despite the slightly different front rotor size, the pads are the same between vehicles. Very cheap too.. about $100 for front and rear together!

#6,058 ·
I had some sort of leak so while they were down there I just had them change it. Now I just gotta paint the rest of the undercarriage.

#6,059 ·
^^ It looks good. When I followed my Jeep that my brother was driving I was glad that I painted the undercarriage, but the PML cover would have made it look 10x better.

Reactions: bxcharger
#6,061 ·
True but that will be a summer project for sure. I found some rental bay companies with a lift I'm going to try.

Reactions: Jfra
#6,062 ·
Got bored at work so changed/wrapped my front SRT grill emblem in CF. Looks better imo

Before and After..

Attachments

Reactions: sharky 370 and Jfra
#6,063 ·
Gearbox filter, gasket a fund change today

Not too bad in there for 120,000 miles

Oil did smell a bit burned so may halve the intervals from now on

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: PITTZ
#6,064 ·
New 3 gauge pod and new mount for my sidearm. Dropped her off for big red racing valve and smaller pulley install.
Vehicle Car Steering part Auto part Steering wheel

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Auto part Car seat

#6,073 ·