Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#5,981 ·
On my 3rd in 3 1/2 years!

#5,986 ·
Ahhhh yeeaa.

Reactions: Jfra
#5,989 ·
^ I ordered mine from HHP a couple days ago and they charge what everyone else is charging. It's the same price direct from METCO (maybe a couple dollars more). Shipping is 2/3 the cost of the part...lol...but hey, I want it, it's not like it's my girlfriend or anything, we're talking about my Jeep.

#5,992 ·
Got the Jeep some much needed accessories for $510! I had no idea there was a sale at harbor freight today.

-44in 13 drawer toolbox
-4 3ton jack stands
-3 ton floor jack
-breaker bar
-rolling pneumatic adjustable seat

#5,995 ·
Got the Jeep some much needed accessories for $510! I had no idea there was a sale at harbor freight today.

-44in 13 drawer toolbox

-4 3ton jack stands

-3 ton floor jack

-breaker bar

-rolling pneumatic adjustable seat

PM me. I've got some stuff you might want for your tool box. It's craftsman stuff I don't need, and was taking up space.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: SemperP-SRT8
#5,994 ·
My jeep is about to have a new home. I'm also looking at picking up a set of these quick jacks. Vehicle Advertising Flyer
Property Home House Roof Building
Property Building Garage Floor Door

#5,997 ·
#5,999 ·
had the rear end rebuilt :/

in the last 6 months, new cam, heads, trans, transfer case, rearend. at this rate its damn near brand new rofl.

#6,003 ·
I have standard ones now.

Those wood jackstands you posted would distribute the weight better, especially if you put them a slightly larger pad, like 1/2" plywood. Wonder how'd they pan out.

Reactions: SemperP-SRT8
#6,009 ·
Looks like you've got the fever....Who knows what you will be up to next :eek: :D

Reactions: Jfra
#6,018 ·
Why not use 1/2" plywood? Less chance to scratch than metal

#6,014 ·
Very Nice!

#6,015 ·
Yeah I'm gonna do the floor with armor proxy. Product Font Advertising
Car Vehicle Luxury vehicle Motor vehicle Rim

Reactions: Mohpar
#6,021 ·
Ordered 3.4" no slip pulley and big red racing valve (enclosed). Appt for next Friday to get the demon performance no slip kit and the above 2 items installed along with a HD belt.

#6,023 ·
Are you going to get it polished too?