Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#5,459 ·
Left rear turn signal bulb went out.

Used it as excuse to upgrade to LEDs from VLEDs. Got another education from them, they really have great customer service!

#5,461 ·
I sucked it up and purchased new OEM Shocks/struts.... my originals have 67,000 miles on them and are completely toast, to the point it is scary driving my rig on the interstate.

Reactions: 4u2nvinmtl
#5,462 ·
Smart move. The thing will ride like a new truck now. I've replaced all of mine over a period of time.

#5,463 · (Edited)
Got my stock Cat installed yesterday. I was running straight pipe for 7 month, got 1 exhaust ticket, many neighborhood complain and a wife that hated it...

They found a leak in the header-Cat joint, so that was fixed as well. I guess that terrible drone and cabin smell might have come from that.

Its not that much silent since the muffler is still deleted but its not as deep as it was. The wife is happy with the improvement (less drone and no more smell), not sure about the neighborhood, they better like it otherwise I'm going back cat-less lol.

The cop usually don't bother me with the exhaust, got pulled over for other offence many time, but that one time it was a motorcycle trooper that followed me up close and he said its the smell that tipped him off, not the sound.

As for the performance, i'm loosing 0.1s at the track, still beating everyone (at the track near my house) so its not that bad lol

Also installed a GPS tracker, that should save me few hundred dollar of towing next time :thefinger:

Reactions: 4u2nvinmtl
#5,466 ·
#5,470 ·
Your battery died?

;)

Reactions: Jfra
#5,479 ·
#5,481 ·
Installed my BC Racing coil overs yesterday and played with them all day long. Below is a picture of my Jeep with the coil overs as low as they can go (with adjustment collars still on in the rear, but no bump stop).

I'll be writing a "how to" on them soon. I like the look of them all the way down but it does effect the ride quality, slightly below stock is what I found the sweet spot is where they ride better than stock and give a very mild dropped look.

Note: I didnt buy them to lower the Jeep I bought them because I wanted to improve my Jeeps handling and they do DRASTICLLY (for the bettter) when not slamed... Tried 4 differnt hights so far (factory setting, higher, almost stock and slammed) IMHO factory rode perfectly but looked a little high in the front.

Taken with a Note 4 after allnighter, LOL

#5,483 ·
Replaced the oil pressure sensor and it is a PITA without a deep well socket but got it done. Out with the old and in with the new.

Attachments

Reactions: Jfra
#5,486 · (Edited)
Today I got my front wheel rebalanced, had my sunroof tightened up and met Mohpar for a coffee. Now I'm having a pint at my favorite pub. Life is good!

#5,491 ·
Cleaned it for half a day yesterday and today. And it was clean to begin with. Something is wrong with me.

See you guys Saturday at LX&B.

#5,493 ·
Put in AD Motorsports new coolant pipe and hydrodipped coolant reservoir tank. It is perty under the hood!!!

Reactions: SYCK SRT
#5,500 ·
Great thank you. I'll check into it.

#5,501 ·
Made a custom holder for my iPhone 6S.

#5,502 ·
Please post some pics.

I just got the 6+ and it fits NO WHERE.