Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Got my first kill with my jeep today!!!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Vinnysrt8 
#1 ·
My brother-in-law and I raced after work today. He's got a 06 Lincoln Mark LT with a custom Roush supercharger. Custom because he was the first Mark LT to have a Roush supercharger built for a Mark LT. Any way.....We've been going back and forth for a few weeks now since I got my Jeep, and after a few days of 60 degree weather all of the snow here in Indiana we were waiting for to melt, melted!!!! He walked into my shop this morning today and informed me that the roads outside of our work were dry, and hes ready any time. I told him I would call him just before I left work so we could hook up and see whats what. We work in a sort of remote location on some back roads so we decided we would race untill a clear winner was decided. I let him count to 3 and we took off.......At first, I thought I jumped his count way early, then after about 2 seconds, I realized I was pulling away from him like he was barely moving. within seconds I had a several car lead on him and by the time I looked down and was doing 90 he was a tiny spec in the rear view:cool: Such a good feeling moving from a 96 ford explorer with a V6 to a Roush killing JEEP:D I'm now offically hooked and want to make the Jeep as fast as I can. The bro-in-law claims he has some go fast toys yet to add on. Were going to try again after that but this time with video.....by the way, my Jeep is bone stock, except for the AFE intake that came with it!!!

#4 ·
nice kill.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.