Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

New to Srts, a few Qs?

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  S8ER01Z 
#1 · (Edited)
Im from chicago ,and in the market for low mileage black or silver 08. Is the gas mpg as insane as advertised??..Are there any major issues with jeeps?? What are they like in the winter??..When 09s come out , think there will be better deals on 08s??...after doing some searching , don from champion (20 miles away) will be getting a visit soon.....thanx all

#2 ·
I'm getting about 12-13mpg in town right now, but only had mine about 2 weeks now so my foot is in it alot :)

Can't vouch for reliability yet but no problems so far. It is an absolute blast to drive. Favorite car I've ever owned, and I've been deeply in love with some previous cars I've had. . . :)

#3 ·
Do yourself a favor go and see Don and ask to drive one. You will know right away whether or not you want one. If gas mileage is really that important to you, save yourself the time and energy and stay home but if you want to own a fun to drive Vehicle that looks GREAT then look at all the SRTs. They are the best thing going for performance and handeling I have Owned 4 of them. 05 RC SRT-10, 2- 06 300CSRT8s, and a 08 GCSRT8. I still have the SRT-10 and the GCSRT8. Don should be able to show you the GCSRT8 the 300CSRT8 and the Charger SRT8 and maybe the SRT4.

Jack

#7 ·
Jeez you guys are getting huge city mileage. My computer always reads in the 8-9mpg range and I always reset it when I fill up. I don't hammer it at every light but I do have a heavy foot. Since my tune from Scott at GMS it's up to about 10mpg in the city but not 12 or 13 like what you guys are reporting. Overall this is an excellent truck and I'd recommend it to anyone. Haven't had any problems, it's an 08 and I think I just turned 3,000 miles on it.

#8 ·
I think "city" is a pretty broad term. If I have 2 stop signs in my usual "city" commute to the store, and you have 20 in the same distance, our town MPG will be very different.

#10 ·
there is no such thing as MPG(miles per gallon) only SPG( SMILES PER GALLON )
Well this was my original thought. Most of us who purchase this beast either A) don't use it as a daily driver or B) are in a financial position to where gas mileage isn't an issue.

#13 ·
I love driving the Jeep so much, I don't know if I could settle on a different daily driver, it's really a tough decition. Gas won't hurt me until it get's around 8-10 bucks per gallon.
At that point the value of good mpg cars will be through the roof too.

#14 ·
i have on 08 I picked up at the very end of December. Started out getting 6-9 mpg (cit/hwy avg). Then I had my first oil change and started getting around 9-11 mpg. Just had my second oil change done and am getting 10-12.3 mpg. It is getting better, but still have to stop every few days to fill. I'm with Skyhigh on this one... It would be nice to have a bigger capacity tank so that you didnt always have to find a station, which would help a guy forget about the fuel.

If you test drive it and love it- you'll figure out the rest. Mines a daily driver and I wouldn't have it any other way. If gas doubles from its current price I will run out and get something a litlle better on fuel, but would still have to have some punch. Maybe a Subaru Legacy GT spec B -I think.

#16 ·
If you consider the GC with a 5.7 gets about 1 mpg more and the 4.7 gets about 2 mpg more than our 6.1, the GC just is not a great economy car. I consider my gas an entertainment expense.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.