Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Help ???? on my DD Jeep Liberty 02

873 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  RMRSRT 
#1 ·
You guyz are great at giving advice so I'll post my question here rather than on the Liberty Forum. My check engine recently went on and according to the fault code, it comes up as P0301 which is a misfire in cylinder 1. She has 67000 miles. Anyway I had done a complete tune-up at the dealer about a year ago so I doubt it's the plugs or coil packs. A friend who is a mechanic actually pulled out the plug and it seemed fine and even switched out the coil packs with another cyl to see if the problem followed. He did check the harness that goes into the fuel injector and noticed that it had no pulse. After messing with plugs on the ECM it started to pulse again and the check engine went off and came back on this afternoon. Aside from the ECM being a problem I've heard that it can be a bad cyl. valve.:confused: How do I go about getting the compression checked out in the valves? How invasive is it? I'm thinking about bringing it to the dealer to have it checked but I want to make sure they don't feed me any B.S. Thanks in advance for any tips.
Oh and by the way she is running a bit rough at idle if that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.