Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Hit the track today in my "new to me" SRT6

4K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  TheBRICK 
#1 ·
Well, I've owned the car for 2 months and finally got a chance to run it at the track today. The first run was a 7.65 @ 91.43. For you 1/4 miles guys, that's good for 11.8's. Not bad for it's Virgin run. I could have run faster had the car not been setup for nitrous (retarded timing and very narrow plug gaps).

I did a 0-60mph run today also, see below.

My Current Mods:

- Eurocharged 61.9MM pulley
- SL55 Fuel Pump
- Buckhead Imports Tune
- TTM Looped fuel rail with crossover
- Stock Heat Exchanger
- OEM Intercooler Pump
- Hoosiers - 255/50-16's on lightweight CLK wheels
- Nitrous is installed, but wasn't used

See less See more
#3 ·
#7 ·
Nice numbers Ant! Toss up some pics when you get a chance. I thought your first one was pretty fast. Looks like you got quite the monster there!

#8 ·
nice to see you got that Mojo Ant , so you bought another SRT6 ?

#9 · (Edited)
Yes, I bought another one to replace the pole dancer (I hit a telephone pole in the old one). This one is just getting broken in. I hit 8K miles on the odometer a few days ago.

Here's some recent photos:

New Summer wheel/tire setup:

Nitrous:

These two are photos of the old car:

New Drag setup:

#15 ·
Congrats on solid runs Ant. Can't wait to see what it can do with some nitrous. What size shot are you planning on pushing through?

#16 · (Edited)
Thanks, guys. I plan on testing a very small 35 shot this weekend. I haven't even checked it's functionality on the car yet, as I've spent most of my time chasing boost leaks and other gremlins.

If there are no issues this weekend with the 35 shot, I might step it up to a 75. This is unlikely, since the track prep isn't that great at my local 1/8th mile. Chances are the 35 shot will overpower the tires, and I'll have to get out of it. We'll see.

In a couple weeks Beech Bend opens, and that will be the best opportunity to test the 75 shot. If all goes well with it, I'll head down to Buckhead Imports in Atl, Georgia and get the car dyno-tuned for a 100-shot. I think that will get me close to 10's. My goal this season is 11.2's, but I'll take 10's.

I'm shooting for 11.2's in order to catch up with a guy that installed a 5.5 liter supercharged V8 into his Crossfire. The engine came out of either a Mercedes E55 or SL55 (AMG). Currently he's running 11.2's, which is only 5 tenths faster than my old SRT6 off the bottle.

#20 ·
Love the summer tire set up on the new one. Looks great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.