Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Delinte D8's 275/315 Combo!

26K views 69 replies 35 participants last post by  Directfreak 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I thought I would start a new thread since the other was getting lengthy. My new tires will be delivered today via UPS. I looked long and hard for the right tire. Could not get the Nitto Motivos anywhere, Conit DWS were my next choice with $1300 installed, then I read about the Delinte D8's, I did not see ONE bad review on these tires at all. I ordered 275/40/20 up front and 315/35/20 out back, with shipping was $542 and install will make the total a shade under $700, thats amazing to me. So my question is, has anyone had any negative feedback on these tires, or this style of set up? Premature wear, rubbing, poor ride, etc. I will also be looking to lower my SRT as well, so what you guys are using would also be helpful, Bwoody/Eibach?

Thanks again guys and will post some pics once they are installed and give update.

#2 ·
i run bwoody 1.3s with stage 6 shocks. I used to have 1.7s and it was terrible, bottomed out on everything 1.3s are much better.

#4 ·
$160 to mount and balance 4 tires? shew... my buddy ususally charges $20 and he owns a tire shop.

#6 ·
I am running the same size d8s now and love them, smooth quiet ride, and for the price they absolutely cannot be beat

#7 ·
I got the tires put on last night, so far love them. If anyone wants I can put up some pics and a couple pics of the old Goodyears failure, fronts were 6/32" and rears were at 7/32", wouldn't mind selling the Rears, but don't think anyone on this thread would take them if I gave them away lol. Can anyone tell me how to insert pictures into a thread that are on my computer? Haven't doen it on here before.

#8 ·
Just Installed the D8's....

Hey Guys!!!

I just installed the Delinte D8's 315/275 combo. I figured for the price they're worth a shot. 542 delivered to my door and 80 to install was a no brainer. So far no issues. I have the 1.3 drop and Stage 6 rear shocks. We'll see how they wear over time.....

Paul:D

#10 ·
Motivos are available at simpletire.com btw. They do have em. As for the Dilantes, I am curious how long they will last. I am always leery of these off brand cheap tires. There is a reason they are cheaper. They may seem like good value, but if you only get 20-25k miles out of em then where is the savings? You are gonna get 45-50k out of the Motivos, even with the staggered setup.

#11 · (Edited)
Im the pioneer of the Delinte world on our rigs and i put over 50k on my first set and they were a dream in all conditions and driving habits...ive done over 100 sets of these tires after i took the chance on them last year and have not had 1 come back with complaints...ive got pics of my tires at 50k+ on here, just search my posts

***update***
link to older post
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75468&highlight=delinte

Im Eibach lowered as well

#17 · (Edited)
Hmm, well they look decent enough. After a quick search they seem to be well liked, although not many reviews out there. If I was really low on cash I would probably give them a go, otherwise for another $300 I would stick with what I have, as I am super picky on vibration and road noise and the Motivos are simply perfection in those areas, and they perform well in every other aspect, they look great, plus the 60K tread-life.

#14 ·
i use photobucket for mine...upload them to an album there, right click and save url from the page where the pic is, post paste pic url in add image drop down...not that bad

#18 ·
I cant wait to throw these these puppies on in the summer, the goodyear all seasons that came with the Jeep are going to be slicks by then

#22 ·
I'm curious how they handle in snow as well. Seems like a good price if it is a nice tire. My tires look good and perform well other than in the snow. So I need a change or it's going to be a long winter.

#26 ·
Ordered a set of these a bit over a week ago, hopefully they ship them out soon and I can test them out in the snow and muck.

#27 ·
So far, the reviews on these are pretty favorable. That said, I would never substitute an all season for a true winter tire. It is law here in most parts of the province to run winter tires due to severe winter weather on the mountain passes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.