Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Brembo Rotors and Pads

49K views 56 replies 28 participants last post by  Vanguard 
#1 · (Edited)
for WK2.

ROTORS: OEM, Cross Drilled, or Slotted. Must be Brembo brand. Are any vendors offering a discount? I'm currently looking at CarID and Autoanything.

PADS: OEM Brembo preferred. I do not want aftermarket pads that sacrifice even 1/10% performance. Are any vendors offering discounts on Brembo? Are there any alternatives that are equal to or better than the Brembo?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I'm considering Hawk now if they have anything equal to or better than stock braking. I don't care about brake dust

Reactions: RBugnitz
#43 ·
My SRT is at the dealer getting Brembo pads put on to replace the squealing Power Stop pads.

Question...is the bed-in procedure for the Brembo pads any different than what other aftermarket pad manufacturers require? (For what it's worth, I'm installing new pads on existing rotors).

#44 ·
Went for the Brembo cross-drilled front and rear rotors, and Hawk HP 5.0 street pads, $1,123.00, from Tire Rack. Got 46,000 out of the fronts (down to 5/32nds), and figure the rears can't be far behind. Most of the driving has been highway, with two big dogs in the back, and a fair bit of luggage cantilevered out past the rear axle.

Will let you know how it works out.

#46 ·
Bump - I just took a long road trip all the way to LA and I have a warped rotor or 2 now so I am looking at replacements. At 19k miles, my front pads are almost down to the squeal tabs but rears look fine. I am leaning towards the Brembo replacement rotors and pads but I was at the Bondurant driving school (2 day Viper driving class) and Chris from Power Stop was there (they are one of the Bondurant sponsors). I believe he recommended the Z26 pads/Street Warrior rotors as a close match in power for the Brembos but I have emailed PS to confirm.

If anyone has anything new to update this thread with, please do!

Thank you.

John

#50 ·
Best deal I can find online for front pads is $319 from RockAuto (68303052AA). Has anyone tried finding the Brembo pads (non-Mopar branded) part number that fit the Jeep, to see if they are cheaper?

#52 ·
trying to shake some dust off this chat...lol

will this configuration work on only the 2014 or any WK2? I have a 2012.

Brembo Sport Drilled Rotors
Front Rotor Set
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
(SRT-8)
Part #: 33S50217

Brembo Sport Drilled Rotors
Rear Rotor Set
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
(SRT-8)
Part #: 33S50218

#54 · (Edited)
GM all, can someone confirm these part for Brembo pads and is this a good price?

**for some reason i cannot insert the url...its on the just for jeeps site

12-18 WK2 SRT8 Front Brembo Brake Pads
Item: 68144427AB_68303052AA
Manufacturer: Mopar
Price: $247.20
just for jeep.com/12srgrchfrbr.html

12-18 WK2 SRT8 Rear Brembo Brake Pads

Item: 68144432AA
Manufacturer: Mopar
Price: $233.60
just for jeep.com/12srbrrebrpa.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.