Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

6.1 Hemi Chrome Badges w/Black Background Installed

3K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  mattedmunds 
#1 ·
Hi All,

To those who are interested in what the 6.1L Hemi Badges look like on the JGC, here are some pics.

There have been some eBay auctions for these recently, and after haggling on price a little bit I was able to get a pair of the 5 3/8" badges chromed and shipped out. They didn't come with backing tape so I used some 3M indoor/outdoor grey tape and used a permanent marker to trace the outline, then an exacto to cut out the footprint. The tape is safe for paint. Make sure you put the badges on correctly the first time because wow - these suckers aren't coming off anytime soon.

I really like how they look with the wheels, chrome side trim as well as the red rock paint. They look like they should have come on the truck from the factory, in my opinion.

I worked with a guy named Dave who was really helpful and friendly. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Matt

See less See more
#2 ·
The badges look good, but I'd rather have less badges than more.

#4 ·
Maybe so but I live in LA, so the "sleeper" look doesn't really work here since everyone's already an enthusiast, or so it seems. I'd like to nix the "Grand Cherokee" on the side moldings in favor of plain chrome ones.

Had I bought a black SRT-8 I think I probably would have debadged it; but I don't think it works as well on red IMHO.

-Matt

#11 ·
ehhhhh no offense but i think the badge looks cheap... and i might have put it lower... more stealthy... less is more alot of times but my stratagy when doingmy cars is simple is better. simple spoke rims... clean lines etc...

#12 ·
Great job with the badges. I think they look awesome.

#15 ·
All you need to do now is break out the Goo Gone or WD40 and take the sticky sh*t off of your rims......

Badge looks OK on the red, but I'm one of the black/stealth crowd -- no badges. To each his own. Now clean those rims! :)

#16 ·
mattedmunds said:
Hi All,

To those who are interested in what the 6.1L Hemi Badges look like on the JGC, here are some pics.

There have been some eBay auctions for these recently, and after haggling on price a little bit I was able to get a pair of the 5 3/8" badges chromed and shipped out. They didn't come with backing tape so I used some 3M indoor/outdoor grey tape and used a permanent marker to trace the outline, then an exacto to cut out the footprint. The tape is safe for paint. Make sure you put the badges on correctly the first time because wow - these suckers aren't coming off anytime soon.

I really like how they look with the wheels, chrome side trim as well as the red rock paint. They look like they should have come on the truck from the factory, in my opinion.

I worked with a guy named Dave who was really helpful and friendly. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Matt
What happened to the pics? :confused:

#20 ·
:confused: I think I will pass, I don't think red x's will look good... :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.