Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Installing Eibach Springs and BWoody End Links

10K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  CarCrazyRDM 
#1 ·
So I am FINALLY getting some suspension work done to the Jeep. I have some Eibach springs on the way and I bought some BWoody end links from a member. I can't wait to get them installed. The Jeep should handle WAY better. I have all the important threads on bookmark for installation tips, such as which bumpstop spacers to use and how to put the BWoody's in correctly. I LOVE THIS SITE!

I will get some before and after pics as well.

And while I'm under the car I am doing the TC and differential fluid changes. All the fluids are already here (all $200 worth!) and ready to go. Will follow the wkjeeps how-to, except I did see a thread here that said the wkjeeps has you put in too much NV146 into the TC then is desired, so I will dial it back a little.

#2 ·
I'm hoping to do the same this weekend (same parts as well)! Good luck and we'll see how it looks and handles once complete.

#4 ·
I'm hoping mine show up tomorrow. My end links came in today! :) Was thinking about going ahead and installing them but since they have to come off to put the springs on anyway I figured why waste the time.

#5 ·
Yep, I waited for both to come so I didn't have to get under it twice. I am also waiting for the fluid changes at the same time to the diffs and TC.

#6 ·
Got mine today! Can't wait to put them in this weekend.

Reactions: Gibby
#9 ·
They are sway bar end links, front and rear. You can read more about them here - Bwoody End Links

Or do a search on this site. But there are plenty of guys running them that have been very happy with the results. I can't say for sure as I don't have them installed yet but from what I've read and what I know of upgraded end links in general they should give you slightly sharper turn-in and probably stabilize the suspension better in turns. These are much beefier than stock and also have better bushings.

I hope to be able to tell you via first hand experience very soon! :)

#10 ·
So today I got the front and rear differential fluid changed as well as the transfer case fluid. Then I replaced the brake pads, end links, and Eibachs on the rear. Tomorrow is front springs and end links and calling it macaroni. I'm stoked already on the look and ride with the Eibachs and end links and I haven't done the front yet!

#11 ·
Sounds like we really are on the same schedule... I also only got the rear done yesterday. Heading out to the garage in just a few to knock the front out. Can't wait!

#13 ·
Well got it all done and I'm super pleased! I'll take some better photos later after hopefully it has settled a touch more and I have time to clean the Jeep up. But with around 20 miles on everything so far it seems to have dropped the front about 1/2" and the rear about an 1".

I'm super pleased with the ride quality. I was a little hesitant b/c this is my DD but I have to say I have no regrets. I don't know that from a roughness/quality standpoint I could tell you the difference. It still feels smooth and is not jarring. But it does handle better. Seems more stable in the corners and turn-in occurs quicker, although this is almost certainly from the end links more so than the springs. Either way, I'm happy with the ride and the look! It's not slammed but I didn't want it to be. Just looks better than stock, handles better than stock and retains a stock-like comfort level.

The install took a little longer than I expected mainly due to some confusion on the rear end link install and then removal method of front strut. But after doing one side I had the second one out and back in in 30-45 minutes.

Anyway, here's a quick before and after...

#18 ·
Wow that looks really nice, let me ask you in other posts I hear some people say it bottoms out and some people say it doesn't. I have heard several remedies and different ways of installing them. Did you cut the bumpstops or did you use the factory bumpstops. I am gonna lower mine as well but just wanna know what I will be up against.

Thanks

#14 ·
Looks great man! Hopefully for BOTH of us the front will settle a little more and give us the advertised 1.1" or so. I also only got like 1/2" on front. But heck ya it rides great and handles awesome too! Love it.

I had the same fun with the front and getting the upper control arm off the ball joint. Was scratching my head at why it wouldn't come off. Then I got on here and did a search and found out you simply have to hit the connecting arm right on the circle and it pops the upper ball joint right out! After that, took me like 45 min to do the passenger side!

I didn't take very good before and after pictures... I will see what I can do at least for an after tomorrow.

#15 ·
On a side note, I LOVE that Lightning poster! I had that exact truck and I miss it! Had a red 2001 F-150 SVT Lightning about 5 years ago. Wish I kept it.

#16 ·
Yeah, I gave up on the upper control arm ball joint. For one I couldn't get the SOB to release and I didn't want to use my ball joint fork on it b/c I knew I would tear the rubber boot. So I ended up just removing the "fork" attached to the bottom of the strut and then you could literally just push down on the spindle and it would all slide out. Made it easy and I didn't have to undo any part of the upper or lower control arm.

I also had a Lightning, a silver 2000. Loved that truck and only sold it b/c a Terminator/Cobra that I really wanted became available and I couldn't pass it up. I'll probably own another one day though. Really want a DSG '03 or '04. I actually equate how these Jeeps drive to the L. Lots of low and mid range TQ, hit hard off the line and most have no idea what they are capable of. Of course the Jeep has MUCH more traction, lol. 500 ft-lbs of TQ and no weight on the rear axle makes the L's real squirmy. :)

#17 · (Edited)
HAHAHA, a little squirmy is an understatement, but man was it fun to control it! I would also love to get another one in '03 or '04 but in Sonic Blue! Before my 300 SRT8 I had an '08 GT500, so I know exactly what you felt for that Terminator becoming available! I actually prefer the body of the Termi but give me the 5.4 (or 5.8 in the 2013!) from the GT500 in that car and I would be in love!

My GT500:

My Lightning:

#24 ·
My GT500:

My Lightning:
Good looking vehicles! I really like the wheels you had on the GT500. I will most likely own one of those one day as well but decided to get out of the Stang game for a bit and go a different route (ie the Jeep). No regrets at this point. Eventually I will miss having a manual transmission though. It never fails, unless you have one of each I always end up missing the other for different reasons.

Here's a pic of my L and last few Stangs -

#20 ·
Yeah bro, it's an even bigger difference changing out those Crapyear tires. Even before I lowered the Jeep it was night and day ride difference just from changing the tires. I put on the Toyo Proxes STII and LOVE them.

By how much (if any) was your alignment off when you got it done?

#21 ·
Yeah, I've heard people say swapping the tires out makes a big difference. I'd love to do it tomorrow but I just can't bring myself to spend the money when the tires on it still have good tread (the fronts were new when I bought it and rears are probably 1/2 done). I figure I will wait until the rears need replacing and then swap out all four.

As for my alignment... I have the spec sheet at the house and can't remember what they all were. Off the top of my head the only thing I remember being out enough to be an "issue" over many miles was the toe on the left front. For all I know it may have been off to some degree before lowering it though. The camber on both was -1.2 and he said that wasn't adjustable on these but that was certainly not enough to worry about.

#22 ·
Dude I was also not able to justify new tires... until the front left tire blew out on my wife on the highway at only 14k miles. A lot of people have had that issue with the RSA tires and the sidewalls failing. Trust me bro, the price is justified for safety.

#23 ·
They may get replaced before they "need" to be but unfortunately we just had to drop $3k+ on my wife's car (transmission took a shit :() so it won't be any time soon.

#27 ·
Thanks. I do own a buffer and for the most part know how to use it, lol. I wish I could say that the black '95 was as clean as it appears in that photo but it did not. I had recently buffed it and while it had a nice shine to it there were many swirl marks and imperfections. That was my first and potentially last black automobile.

The green Notch I painted myself and spent many a long hours wet sanding and buffing it. It certainly wasn't perfect but it turned out quite nice I thought for my first full car spray.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.