Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Changing your own oil

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  hops23 
#1 ·
I'm sure some of you guys change your own oil, I was wondering how you get under it to change the oil. That front fascia looks really low, does anyone use Rhino ramps? Can you drive right up on them? I'm going to be picking up my brand new srt8 on friday :D. I will probably put on a lot of miles over the weekend and will be doing a oil change by Sunday. I found a link with the jack points but it looks like it would be hard to get the jack into position to jack up the front. Any advise? Thanks.

Kevin

#2 ·
u could put it under the front tired but u have to back up instaid on drive foward on it. i seen some one selse do it that way

#3 ·
i just jack it up man... no problems!

#5 ·
ya just use a jack thats what i do ...

#6 ·
the drain plug and filter are in pretty good places in it... the plug is in the back of the pan so the higher you jack it the better it will be :)

#10 ·
Thanks everyone. Sounds like it's not as much as a problem as I thought it was. I'm turning in my PT cruiser GT stage one and the front fascia on that was so low that I couldn't get a jack to the jack points from the front and it wasn't too easy from the side either. It was a real pain to change the oil in it. Anyway thanks for all the advice.

Kevin

#17 ·
I replace the drain plug with a Fumoto valve. http://www.fumotousa.com/
Makes future oil changes that much more easier and cleaner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.