Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Wideband help

5K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  chevydillan 
#1 ·
Ok, I got my trinity and now need a wideband. I've been reading threads for days and still have some questions. I think I've narrowed it down to wanting an LC-1 and will want to hook it up directly to the trinity. Can someone give me the exact part # for the LC-1 kit I need? There are several different ones on eBay at different prices with different cables but I don't know which one. If there are better options I'm all ears.

#8 ·
Ok, I know you all have nothing better to than answer my questions so, I have one more.
I got the wideband listed above and now I think I should also run a gauge along with the trinity. What gauge do I need and does the parts listed above allow running both?

#9 ·
In for info

#15 ·
You only running the driver side wideband or are you running the passensger as well bro?

#12 ·
exact same setup im running right now (trinity with digi key 2.5mm cable and innovate lc-1) only issue i had was instructions had the yellow/brown wire for which sensor use labeled wrong so it was a narrowband until i undid the input wire from brown to yellow.

easy setup and great overall, i use the lc-1 xd-16 in my car with not 1 problem

#14 ·
Yup my exact thought... I hate the AFR jumping around all the time on the trinity... Thats why I have both a gauge and the trinity for AFR....

#18 ·
Just got done installing my LC1. As of now my trinity does not have the tables to show the air fuel ration on the screen, diablo is working on that as we speak. BTW I have a WK2. When I bought my LC1 it was only 10 dollars more to add the gauge. I am not sure of the part number. I plan on just using the trinity as my gauge until I put on some kind of forced injection, then I will mount the gauge. Call skip at demon, he will hook you up with the right gauge.

LAFNGAS@TTC, you stated that the yellow and the brown wires were labeled incorrectly. I used the brown wire to hook it up to the trinity... So that is wrong?

#19 · (Edited)
Depends on when you bought your LC1 as the older ones use the Brown wire for the wideband... Technically you can use the other wire, but you would have to connect your LC1 to a computer and change the function of that other output on the Innovate software. So instead of doing that people should just choose the one that is identified as the wideband wire...

MTX-L: Uses the Analog 1 (Yellow wire) to simulate a wideband
XD-16/LC1 kit: Uses Analog 2 ( Brown wire) to simulate a wideband.

Reactions: rconner
#22 ·
Help

Ok, installed the LC-1 with an Innovate G3 gauge tonight. I also wired in the Digi-key wire for the Trinity.
I have a few questions now. Should the digi-key wire and the gauge signal wire both be on the same analog output from the LC-1? I used the brown wire and tied both the gauge and digi-key into that, was that correct? It looks like there is some confusion as to which color analog out wire to use, yellow or brown. The instructions that came with the gauge said to use brown. Now my problem,the gauge comes on and does a dial sweep but just sits at zero after that, never reads anything but zero. I dont have Trinity set up yet so I cant see if thats working. Anybody have any ideas?
DO I need to connect the LC-1 to the computer? Do I need to have that terminator plug in the serial in port?

#23 ·
I got the Trinity hooked in and made a gauge for the AFRs. It appears to working just fine, although very lean. The G3 gauge does not work still. I have the Trinity and the G3 hooked to the same brown wire off the LC-1 and wondering if thats the issue? I dont have a serial to usb adapter to hook the laptop to LC-1 so i cant check on that untill the cable gets here(ebay).

Im seeing very lean readings on the Trinity, like 14-15 and even much higher like to 17 just cruising and 13.5 to 14.5 WOT.

#26 ·
*Paging Knuckles*
Do you have your gauge and trinity on different analog outputs from the LC-1? Is it ok to tie them together?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.