Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

audio sat radio antenna question

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Edmonton SRT 
#1 ·
so my jeep came with Sirius.

I doing a new head unit. i bought the Sirius interface for that and I also bought a Universal Sirius box.

My question, will the connection from my current OEM sat antenna work with this set up?

THX,
ROB

I know the fender antenna needs an adapter i got that one.

#2 ·
When I installed the mygig on my '07, I was trying to reuse the factory Sirius antenna on the roof. Since our sirius unit is installed separately in the passenger side trunk panel, the connection is there. So, I bought a sirius antenna extension wire and ran it from the antenna in the trunk to the head unit. Kinda overkill to avoid extra antenna on the dash, but I'm happy with it. Sirius antenna connections are universal I believe.

#4 ·
Damn... I just you just confirmed my suspitions of the orig. owners stereo shop being IDIOTS!! I had a fully loaded Jeep, the previous owner put my headunit in and a NEW Sirius ant. in. What a bunch of morons.

#6 ·
I should have taken some pictures of the entire install...The biggest pain was routing the long extension from the trunk to the front. It was easy enough but took me a while to do it right.

I even got the factory rear view camera to work by tapping into the mygig harness. Even the lockpick folks had no idea about the pin layout to get that work...they wanted to have me use their camera wire, which would basically meant rerouting the factory camera harness. Well, if anyone is interested, I can take some pics of how everything was installed.

#7 ·
We've been TRYING forever to get the factory backup camera to work with my Kenwood. What exactly did you do and what head unit are you running? I know there had to be a way to get the 2 to communicate together. All and any help is GREATLY appreciated. My truck came with the full system also. Thanks...

#9 ·
I'll get pics for the weekend for sure! There is a factory video and power wire you can isolate from the harness and tap into. I got the pin out for mygig and basically did trial/error until I got the video imaging.

#11 ·
I'm with him. I don't want to install another camera.

#12 ·
I think I may have found something. According to the picture below..Pin3 is camera signal and Pin4 is the ground, no? If that's the case, I should be able to add an RCA plug using pins 3&4 to get camera signal for my aftermarket headunit....

#14 ·
The radio is out so I can take a picture of what I did. :)

#15 · (Edited)
So, I have the Sirius One. Can I pull the antenna on my Sirius box in the back panel, run an extension, and conncect it to my One in the front?
I have an 08 with MyGig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.