Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Jeep SRT8 "Schooling" Wanted at ATCO this week.

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  meeper 
#1 ·
Would it be possible to get one or more of the Jeep experts to let me crawl around/over/under your Jeep(s) at ATCO this week?

I would love to be schooled on the do's and don'ts of these fine machines, what to watch out for, what to expect etc. I have tried to navigate around this site for information and have found some but would prefer to talk with folks that have already been down the road I think I am heading. Looking particularly for turbo mounting strategies and plumbing, suspension lowering (BWoody vs Road Magnet vs H&R vs coilovers), tire preferences and generally daily driving info.

If the weather is favorable I should be at the track rental on Thursday and the race on Friday.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

#2 ·
Thats a great idea and Im sure as many Jeeps as will be there and as goofy as we are about our rides we just love to talk about them, especially with fellow enthusiastic owners. I can say from my own personal experience to STAY AWAY FROM H&R springs. They are for a regular Grand Cherokee and NOT our SRT's. I used these springs back in March of 2010 and the drop in the rear was none at all while it did drop an inch upfront. The scariest part of all was going into hard cornering, the rear end wanted to articulate. Not good and scary as all get out! I almost swapped ends on my Jeep 3 or 4 times with these springs on the round style on ramps and off ramps. I replaced them super quick with Eibach springs and have NEVER had that problem again.

Good luck!

#7 ·
I am assuming from your sig pic that you have more than yellow brakes? If so, how do I track you down?

Thanks!

#4 ·
You'll be hanging with some of the best guys you'll ever meet. No one will mind and no question will go unanswered.

Reactions: 1BAMFR
#8 ·
Hopefully the track rental on Thursday is not canceled. I heard we are supposed to get some wind and rain today and tomorrow. So far nice and sunny Friday..lets keep our fingers crossed.

#10 ·
I just received a text that stated the decision will be made at 2pm today as to go/no go with the track rental

#12 · (Edited)
Since it's snowing there right now and expected through tomorrow morning, I am willing to bet that the rental is a no go.

You can get some good info from most everyone, especially if you drink! :)

#14 ·
Just got word that the track rental is still on - assuming the weather cooperates :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.