Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Supercharger?

8K views 60 replies 28 participants last post by  MattSRT 
#1 ·
If you could supercharge your daily driver, any reasons why you wouldn't? What setup is best? Just wondering from those who have. Thanks!

#3 ·
Talk to that man! ^^

I bought my Procharger kit from him. This is my daily driver, I've had the ProCharger on since April and have put alomst 10K miles on it with out one single issue and I run 10's!!.

Reactions: m4xm1l10n
#7 ·
whats the difference ? - are you talking about long term reliability, econimics .. or simply preference?

#12 ·
Well, Tim can't honestly say he's had issues with the ProCharger kit itself besides having the wrong belt on as of recently, just other stuff happening while the kit was on, dead battery or two, changed over to a full fuel system instead of the BAP setup, leaky seal on the trans, just stuff that got in his way for him, I think he was cursed by a gypsy at some point

#14 · (Edited)
I ran out of fuel up top as the BAP burned out my OEM fuel pump. The rest weren't really procharger related. If you do go procharger do yourself a favor and go D-1! well worth the incremental expense. I would likely go to helical gears as well but that's personal preference.

Lol: Yep like Skip said, lots of stuff vast majority not procharger related.

#17 ·
hmmm.. I think I may be having the same issue. I noticed some oil when I removed the filter from the blower while at the track last weekend. It was all over the inside lip of the blower intake. I also noticed a line of dry oil from that seemed to be spitting off the belt. I'm gonna take a better look at it tomorrow.

#19 · (Edited)
I bought my 2010 Jeep brand new with a Vortech SC already installed by the dealer. I have just over 21k on the odometer and drive my Jeep almost every day. I have more runs down the 1/4 mile drag strip than I can count and even more informal launches on isolated country roads.

My family has made three long trips in the Jeep between Iowa and North Caroline (2300+ miles round trip) and several trips between Iowa and Kentucky (1100+ miles round trip). Only problems I have had with the SC Jeep in the 2+ years of ownership is a leaking gasket on the transfer case (quick fix covered under warranty) and a t-stat failure. I have a second set of wheels with high performance snow tires for driving in the winter. I have no concerns about reliability (beyond any other car) as I carefully monitor and maintain my vehicle.

After my positive experience with the Vortech and the Jeep, I can't imagine ever having a DD that can't run under 4 seconds to sixty.

#21 · (Edited)
I daily drive my supercharged SRT to work. Except for winter it gets parked. I drive 15 miles one way to work.

I have no issues with the vortech except lead foot syndrome. You can drive normal and never hit boost. Or you can drive like me, like you stole it.

I love the vortech, but I would not drive long distance with it. Just not something I would like to do. That's why my wife has a WK2 v6.

I also only have appx 5k miles on my blower setup.

Reactions: Knuckles
#22 ·
My question is why would having a simple blower setup cause any drivability issues?? if you keep the boost down and have installed all of the components installed properly. New cars come from the dealership factory equipped with S/C and have 3/36 warranty?

#23 ·
I get a couiple more MPG with the Procharger. No SH!T. I daily drive and its to much fun.
Many cool things but 1 is I can pass on highway as fast as N/A except my foots just
an inch down on the throttle and the motor isn't screaming. But i'm flying by others.
I daily drive and now have 110 hours on the S/C and 112K miles
Only reason not to procharge is you don't have the extra cash!
Give SkippyDO a call

Reactions: Knuckles
#28 ·
Haha fretting over sc woes. You won't get over them even when you buy one if you have them now. I have over 10k on my magnuson with no issues. I drove my sts turbo'd Gto to over 27k miles with 3 hot rod power tour long hauls without a issue and the last almost a 4k trip.

I would worry less about a fi kit than I would with a heads cam motor.

#34 ·
We'll see how procharger stacks up. I think an advantage of the Maggie is in cold weather,
as it should warm up to operating temp faster than Procharger being on top of motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.