Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Transmission fluid leak

6K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  art warner 
#1 ·
I discovered a small puddle of transmission fluid on my garage floor, directly under the transmission pan. Anyone else had this problem?

#2 ·
This is a common problem with the JGC. There is an "O" ring seal leaking in the electrical connector to the transmission. It's a simple fix, the dealer did mine in 20 minutes and had the replacement part in stock. Just remember to have the dealer check the transmission fluid level once they've performed the repair.

#5 ·
Juggernaught said:
This is a common problem with the JGC. There is an "O" ring seal leaking in the electrical connector to the transmission. It's a simple fix, the dealer did mine in 20 minutes and had the replacement part in stock. Just remember to have the dealer check the transmission fluid level once they've performed the repair.
exactly what the problem with mine was.

#6 ·
Juggernaught said:
Same here. Mine were replaced in March.

#9 ·
I just had a leak like this last night. Saw it this morning; maybe two tablespoons spread out on the garage floor. I will make an appointment at the dealer tomorrow.

I am glad I searched this out on the forum, as I was really worried (10,700 miles). Sounds like a simple thing, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.