Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Transmission fluid leak.......

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  fnkychkn 
#1 ·
Here I go again....... my GCSRT8 is 4 months old. She has around 1900 miles and a week ago after returning from a business trip leaving my rig parked in the garage for a couple days, I found her with a huge "more than a quarter" red oil leak.:mad: Looking under the car I noticed it was a transmission oil leak.:mad: First thing next day, took the car to the car dealer and under the warranty they repaired the car stating it was an O ring problem very common with all Mercedes cars..... took the car back home and she was left again a couple days parked in the garage due to another business trip. Returning back home and for my surprise there it was......... an oil leak again.... :mad: This is my second problem with the car........ first one was the tires and now this.......:mad: want to know if anyone had this problem and what was the solution.:confused: I am very disappointed with the quality of the car.......:mad: I thought that the quality issue was a thing of the past but I seem to be wrong, Daimler and Chrysler group merge did not do much for the Jeep quality issue....... Hope to change my mind in the future....:(

#2 ·
spookyrp said:
Here I go again....... my GCSRT8 is 4 months old. She has around 1900 miles and a week ago after returning from a business trip leaving my rig parked in the garage for a couple days, I found her with a huge "more than a quarter" red oil leak.:mad: Looking under the car I noticed it was a transmission oil leak.:mad: First thing next day, took the car to the car dealer and under the warranty they repaired the car stating it was an O ring problem very common with all Mercedes cars..... took the car back home and she was left again a couple days parked in the garage due to another business trip. Returning back home and for my surprise there it was......... an oil leak again.... :mad: This is my second problem with the car........ first one was the tires and now this.......:mad: want to know if anyone had this problem and what was the solution.:confused: I am very disappointed with the quality of the car.......:mad: I thought that the quality issue was a thing of the past but I seem to be wrong, Daimler and Chrysler group merge did not do much for the Jeep quality issue....... Hope to change my mind in the future....:(
this is a very common problem, and its correct, its the o-ring that causes this leak. once you replace it ones, it should be ok. i have did it on mine an its running fine now for almost 12000milse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.