Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

2012 SRT8 Vapor - Need remote Start Kit

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  cmn1 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am awaiting delivery of the Vapor. it should arrive in about 10 days. Unfortunately though, Australian delivered SRT8's do not have the remote start feature.

Will the Mopar Remote Start Kit work?

#7 ·
A $70,000 MSRP truck doesn't have a remote start? Why do not find that surprising.

#9 ·
Calm yourself, it is probably due to their import rules/regulations or overall laws.

#8 ·
#11 ·
the install and programming needs to be done by dealer, if you install it your self it wont run and you'll need to have it towed to your dealer.

and as for aftermarket units, i've seen nothing but electical issues with those due to comunication systems. these systems are not meant to work with none chrysler products unless its a complete stand alone system such as dvd.

#12 ·
and as for aftermarket units, i've seen nothing but electical issues with those due to comunication systems. these systems are not meant to work with none chrysler products unless its a complete stand alone system such as dvd.
Not true. My remote start integrates just fine with the communication system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.