Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

interested in a new 2012 SRT8

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  anonymoustache 
#1 ·
I know there are still a few in the lots around my area with sticker prices at $63K.

Being that it's end of the year, and soon will be end of the month, what numbers should I be throwing at them initially? Please advise, thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Considering a loaded 2013 can be had at around $60k if you shop hard I'd offer them $55k and hope to get it for around $57k. Otherwise just wait. When the 2014s hit dealers should be a lot more willing to deal. Some are holding firm because the 2012 and 2013 are the same.

#4 · (Edited)
I don't see that happening. Your best bet is to find a lightly used (1000-2000 miles or less) and buy that. No sales tax either. If you want deals like what you mentioned you'll probably have to wait for the 2014s to drop. The big improvements should put the '12-13 within range.

Also, given how short the 2013 model year is and when the 2014 starts production, there is a good chance a few brand new 2012's will be remaining.

Regardless I'd love to see someone get a new loaded 2012 for $55k OTD.

#8 ·
Technically, the "end of the year" has already come and gone. Car model years start at August/September, so the time to strike would be around then. Dealers want to get rid of '12s now that '13s are coming. Granted, they usually have rebates and incentives at this time of the year to get people to buy for the holidays. I know I'D love a $60k Jeep for Christmas :)

#11 ·
is asking $55K OTD reasonable when a dealer's internet pricing is $59.7K?

2012 model
No, you are expecting them to lose thousands. Only chance of that is to find a use one or pray Chrysler offers rebates on them.

#14 ·
I will be selling my current car, but I'm not in a rush...
never did a trade-in before, does that help with negotiating with the dealer? I'm sure he don't care for a 2008 lexus

Depending on what your car is worth....If you trade it in thats a large chunk of the purchase price that you dont pay taxes on.

#17 ·
Thats what I thought. I'd like to deal locally on a 13', but for only $4k off, I'll let someone else be the sucker when the '14 is so close with a lot of upgrades. I'd rather pay $70k for a '14 with all its new specs than $64K for a '13 when 12's are still on the lot.

They also offered me $3k under my KBB trade in... that and $64k won't cut it for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.