Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

just go for obx or save up a bit more for SW??? HELP PLZ

4K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Scotty D 
#1 ·
what do u guys recomend???

#8 ·
chances are 90% of the products you own are as well. - This is a great idea in theory, but when OP can purchase a replica for less than 50%.. well, I think that speaks for itself.

I love how people bash OBX because its an everseas knock off yet still bow down to factory repo's wheels ... :rolleyes:

Reactions: viking757
#3 ·
What's the cost of the OBX now , before when they came out $550 shipped to your door .

#4 ·
looks like 550-600 no cats and 8-850 for cats

Reactions: m4xm1l10n
#7 · (Edited)
I order obx by 599$ from amazon and saved soom $ to order FR 22 wheels with 265 - 315 combo and I'm happy $$$$ with that .

#14 ·
one of my friends he use OBX Headers in his 2010 Camaro 6.2L for 2 years without any issues . :D quality & $$$ :D

#17 ·
One thing I learned over the years is get what u really want the first time. Never settle for something just because its available now or cheaper. You will never be happy with the product if u give in.

Another thing I learned is you get what u pay for. I don't think the obx stuff is stainless is it? That in itself is reason enough for me to go with a SW/Kooks/ARH header. Mild steel will rust and eventually leak. Then you will have to buy another set which negates your initial savings. If you have them ceramic coated you are again pushing the price closer to a higher quality header.

Just some things to think about.

J

#19 ·
Obx is 304 stainless.

#20 · (Edited)
Obx = fat drunk chick at the end of the night you use them when dont know any better.

No i have never bought a set of obx but i have installed more than a few sets on jeeps and lx cars, I prefer the kooks or SW in that order.

#21 ·
I thought I read obx had horrible quality in the long tubes for srt8. The welds and the ports were crap. Is there copy decent?

Everyone gets mad at copies but bear in mind some american versions are just designed here and then made overseas anyways. Some are designed and made here but the mark up is crazy.

That being said. I evaluate the value of each part. I would gladly spend twice the price if I get twice the quality. But if its near same for twice the price it's hard to justify the extra dough.

#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.