Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#1,997 ·
Today I actually had some time home so I did a few things. I installed the rear fog harness with LED's, kicker amp and rear door speakers (fronts are still en route) and the kicker sub.Also put on my billet oil cap , some interior LED , and took some pics on my cell of the hitch with my BB exhaust for another post. If it is nice out tomorrow I will put in my 180 t stat , one piece hose and new rad cap. Not sure how long of a job the bumper cover will be to take off, change the fogs to my HID and replace so will save that for another weekend.

Also bought a bunch of parts this weekend, so the fun begins.

#1,999 · (Edited)
Here are a couple of pics I took when we were changing out my brake pads.
Looks like the bracket goes the other way on mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2,003 ·
Took off my exhaust and strut bar to get powder coated. While under the Jeep, I found out my transfer case is leaking.

#2,016 ·
Today I installed my bumper cover, put in new HID fogs , new HID bulbs to match the fogs, my 180 t stat, one piece rad hose and new rad cap.

View attachment 28997

View attachment 28998

View attachment 28999

View attachment 29000

If you didn't know I used spray bombs to paint the bumper you wouldn't be able to tell.It looks stock paint, turned out really good.
sorry to be the one to say it man, but if you had your bumper completely off i wish you would have painted it properly (spray bombs?) I can tell just by looking at the photos this paint does not look good. the entire face of it is dull, & the finish doesn't look right to me, look at the reflection. maybe I had one too many coors lights or Hopefully it's just bad photos..

Sent from Mars with my Autoguide iPad app...

Reactions: Regency
#2,008 ·
Installed my Stillen covers and painted the plastic pieces on my rear window! Loving the look.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2,011 ·
Dropped off at the dealership.

-Trans fluid flush
-Diff fluids changed
-Torque conv fluid changed
-Fuel system cleaning
-Oil change
-Mounted, balanced summer rim/tire (stocks w/Vreds)

Love the chrome!

Apparently they didn't know the Vred's look like I have all the same side rotation.

#2,014 ·
Put in a new windshield (rock chip/crack).

#2,015 ·
Got rear-ended by a '92 S10 pick-up. Cracked my bumper. Busted rear fogs. Dented and bent exhaust. The guy literally said, "I think that will buff right out." I'm sure he'll be surprised when he finds out my exhaust cost more than his truck.

#2,019 ·
Installed solo exhaust with my dmh low profile electronic cutouts. Sounds ok. Sure it will be much better when the long tubes go in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2,020 · (Edited)
It was the way the light was reflecting off it and the phone camera.Had a few people look and say they couldn't see much of a difference, even had some guys with the 300 magnums give me the thumbs up to the jeep.

Gonna try and get more pictures of the jeep done with my good camera.

Here are the before and after pics , but the sun is coming in at an angle making red strip look part yellow and part red as well as making the paint look a little dull where it is not at all.The crack was right where it bolts to the driver side fender so not fixable.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Jeep

Grille Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting

Tomorrow am putting on the rear spoiler and picking up the other mirrors.

#2,029 · (Edited)
Figured it was time to flush out the stock brake fluid.
Was there a noticeable difference after?

What made you decide tyo swap it? When are you suppose to flush the brakes?

#2,023 ·
Reactions: Mikenice23