Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#102 ·
Picked her up from the dealer today with new Valve Body installed and full tranny flushed . Fells good as shat .... Needs a bath badly tho

#103 ·
washed it yesturday

#109 ·
keoni thats a sick picture in ur sig

#116 ·
Another FRI'ENGLAND Member :D

#114 ·
Yeah I heard that cat Chris is aight:D Nice Phil!!! So looks like tomorrow you will be FRI'D!!

#119 ·
I drove back from Oklahoma City today. I had no idea I'd be in an earthquake when I drove out there Tuesday, but it was really cool. I'd never been through one before.

Anyway, when I got back this evening I proceeded to install the 30 tooth pulley along with a Johan track tune. I'm sure to have some nice burnouts at the track tomorrow. :)

#120 · (Edited)
Got ALL fluids changed today, front/rear diffs, t-case (4th time being changed w/ vortech installed), and tranny fluid after 11.5K miles w/ vortech it was getting dark....

tomoro getting some goodies installed:D

#121 ·
I added the Mopar rear spoiler tonight, will try and get pictures tomorrow

#122 ·
I went to the track this afternoon and added 3 gallons of 110 (leaded). Finally, after 3 years of running leaded high octane race fuel my O2 sensors decided enough was enough. Shortly after adding the 110 I noticed smoke coming from my exhaust, so I called it a day even before my first run. :(

I don't F around with my A/F. If I suspect it's not accurate, I'm not running -- and it wasn't accurate. My wideband was showing I was idling at around 13.8 instead of 14.6, which indicates my front O2 sensors are toast.

I'm ordering some new O2 sensors tonight and not running the Jeep until they're installed.

If it's not one thing it's another. :)

#124 ·
Had my cam and headers installed.....YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm soooo freakin' stoked. Jeep sounds great and I can feel my stress just peel away as I lay into the throttle. It has been a long time coming and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#127 ·
I've actually pushed the SRT to the side lately and been enjoying the JK Wrangler. I had a rear locker installed last week and took it out to do some pretty intense 4-Wheeling with it all day today. Went out with a great group of guys (8 Jeeps) and got em dirty. Couldn't believe what the Jeep went thru...Hill climps, rock crawling, and water/mud. The trails rate from 1-10 and we were on 8's all day long. The locker paired with 35's and 4.25" of lift the thing is unstoppable.

And....after all that horseplay today...Took it to the carwash and spent 20 bucks in quarters on cleaning inside and out! It's blinging now.

Welp, Thats what I've done lately

#130 ·
I put my freshly painted Bright silver met. bumper on. Put Seafoam in the gas tank, oil, and intake via vacuum tube. Ran it. Then drained the oil, topped off the tank. Reset TCM. And loaded a new tune. WOW! She's just like new! With just 64,000 miles. Actually much much better than new. If only my catch can were here! BT please hurry!X199