Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#66 ·
Trying to do the same but have been unsuccessful so far.......:mad:

#73 ·
Tonight I ran again at the same track with a worse result; 7.3's @ 99. I won't be seeing 6's until they have better prep or I detune the Jeep down low. :(

Anyway, here's a video of a 7.31 @ 99 mph:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQcu8N_-tTU
Wow Anthony, that thing takes off like a rocket even with the tires roasting! If you get that thing hooking without breaking anything and you'll run a 6.9 or better. Stay with it man, you're friggin close. :D

I didn't do anything special to mine today other than a good washing, (cat..GRRRR) and got my painted headlamps ordered with Dan @ DCSpecial. Almost done with the exterior and planning the power mods next.;)

#74 ·
well about a week ago a 18 wheel hit a deer n it exploded all over the place n chunks of meat n blood n fur got on my car n it was gona rain so i just left the blood on there lol so today i washed it cause it stopped raining for 10 mins n sun came out i finally finish washing it n it rained again lol can never win

#76 ·
Actually you enter the lanes from the side, and back into the water. I back up to the edge, but not into it, and then do a dry burnout with the NT05's. I agree I should run at a different track though, but Beech Bend isn't holding a T&T for a couple weeks.

#82 ·
Come on up, you can ride. It is wickid fast going that fast so close to the water. It's a ton of fun. That's why I purchased it. That and 140 hp 2 cycle enging on a 450 lb boat is the bomb. :D

The weight loss is going well. I look forward to hitting it again this fall. I feel pretty strong compared to the people I work with. :eek: Most days, I don't even struggle to move things the other guys cannot move. That's why I want to go slow and keep the muscle. It's a good feeling.

If you want to see the beast, here is a pic of my horse and chariot.

#83 ·
Went to Orlando Speedworld and ran disappointing times for the cool weather. :(

Ran 13.1's all night again.

Also watch a RX7 hit the wall at around 160MPH! :eek:

#84 ·
Today I took a few pictures of my winter set up I installed yesterday.:D

Attachments

#85 ·
^^^Winter set up doesn't look too bad.....a little mad max style.

I finally received and installed the oem headlight covers, looks much better now.

#87 · (Edited)
Ordered a Snow Stage 2 water/meth kit with safeinjection and a smaller 30cog pulley and UPS Next Day Aired that shiznit up to MN so I can install it tomoro and hit up the track sat!! Enough with playing around in the 12's!!

#90 ·
I installed some blue top selonoids today and thought I was doing pretty good till I tried to start it up. Nothing happened when I turned the key so I am going to try it all over again tomorrow to see if it was something I did or not. Not a great day!

#97 ·
Holy Bling batman!!! hahaha Looking good Sarge. Can't wait to see what the new combo will do.