Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#361 ·
Purchased the Innovate MTX-L Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge along with an Innovate G3 Boost Gauge and an Innovate G3 Oil Pressure Gauge. Also purchased a TH Motorsports Gauge Pillar off of EBAY and will order the overhead Gauge Pod from Speed Logix over the weekend. Should see all of that stuff arrive in the next two weeks or so

#362 ·
Installed the BB exhaust (best mod yet), Stillens arrived, debadged, chrome turn signal bulbs, SRT mats, stubby antenna, and SRT center emblem for the steering wheel.

I am also beginning the process of painting all exterior black plastic pieces body color (brilliant black) this weekend.

#364 ·
I managed to knock two more things off my list before April 16th HPT Shoot-out down here in Houstn...installed my torque converter and flex plate.

#365 ·
Lloyd Mats; One of the best aftermarket mats I every had after Owning many many german cars... I ordered Ultimate, but I should have ordered Luxury.. I like to have better carpet like the one I had on my Range Rover.

I have Weather Tech mats on my wife's GLK350, and I hated it.. I know some of you guys love them but I did not like it at all.. It does fit perfect and I like the lip; but it get so slippery when it's wet. feels like cheap plastic not rubber....

Aluminum Pedal. I think this is must for your SRT8... this if first car came with rubber pedal, but the feel and look of aluminum is better IMO.

Doorsill; Love the look, I knew it will scratch without one, so I got one.. but couldn't fine rear doorsill, so I only have it on front. Again, it does look good

Ipod Cable; I have 10, so i has prewiring, but didn't had cable, so I bought it,, and it doesn't work on my 3GS... don't know!!! It works fine with my wife's 3GS... Bummer!!!

These are what I did this week, HID next week!!

#366 ·
well today i sanded painted and installed my 4" Bwoody that i purchased from marcjac;) (thanks again man!) i also installed the jet 180* t-stat while i was under there. Boy she sure runs cool now... i just have to figure out how to get the predator updated so i can get a toon from Johan next:D onto the pics

i didn't get much of a test drive since its hailing and raining bad here. i do have 1 question though, when the traction control kicks on does it cut fuel when the tires are spinning??

#367 ·
Did alot of oil changed

Engine
Front and rear differential
Tranfer case

#372 ·
Too cold here! Mine is still in storage for another week or 2! I miss it and cant wait to start driving it again and cant wait to get all my pieces for performance install, my new carbon fiber hood, mags and sounds system!!!! Will be a great summer with my jeep and my new Aprilia rsv4!

#375 ·
thanks bro!!!! i apprieciate that;) little by little... hope tomorrow the borla is here and i'll get that done along with a tranny service and oil change. then next weekend its track time:D

#380 ·
Where did you get that mounting bracket?

#379 ·
Got this for my jeep today
THANKS once again COLT

installation tomorrow if my girl doesn't make me take her shopping tomorrow morning

#384 ·
Well in the last few week I have had my front chrome piece painted, Plasti-dipped my CAI, bought a new coupler(was red) and added a new revision. Don't be jealous Knuckles!!!

#385 ·
hahahaha... I like it Chad!!!! Thats how its suppose to be "Beast mode":eek:

#386 ·
I think you or Dan need to copyright that revision screen.:lol:

#388 ·
well i just installed the Borla S!!!! Thank you so much ambientdata -John! awesome packing and shipping job;) i cant stop grinning. sounds AWESOME... i gotta just adjust the tips tomorrow morning while im servicing the tranny. they are off about an 1/8 to a 1/4" and then i'll get up some pics.