Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#4,037 ·
Appreciate it!:bigthumb:

#4,039 ·
Installed my replacement steering wheel on my 06 wk1
Supposedly got one of the two available in the USA.
New old stock. So if you need one act fast you'll have to re-use your old steering
Wheel controls on back for the new one.

Attachments

#4,040 · (Edited)
Forgot also installed squid mags SRT8 steering wheel and shifter stickers.
I know I need to reposition it as it's not perfectly straight oh well should have waited till daylight. Hope I can heat it up with hair dryer and re apply if not will Order another one

Attachments

#4,043 ·
Looks really good! What kind of paint did you use? I'm planning to paint mine red.

Those are some meaty tires you got on... Looks like your running 275/50/20's.

#4,042 ·
Looks good..

Reactions: Thaiboxer
#4,051 ·
Thanks dude!! Gonna get it dynoed in the next week or so just wanna get Johan some logging because there are a couple of bugs to work out!! Thanks again!

#4,054 ·
#4,059 ·
You're supposed to just run wk2 rotors. Thats what im assuming is on there

#4,061 ·
I am not sure, but when I figure out how he did it. I am definitely going to use wk2 rotors.

#4,069 · (Edited)
It cant be done on a wk1 srt8 anyway unless you fabbed some kind of bracket. The wk2 calipers are only 1cm off of the non srt knuckles. The wk1 brembo mounting points are spaced much closer together which is why non srt guys cant use our brakes without swapping to our knuckles. So basically they lucked out that the can realistically swap the wk2 brakes onto their jeeps with minor modification to their knuckle and we are SOL as far as making this work. However I see plenty of cars running adapter brackets for larger calipers such as audis running porsche cayenne 6 piston calipers. So it can be done.

#4,070 ·
It cant be done on a wk1 srt8 anyway unless you fabbed some kind of bracket. The wk2 calipers are only 1mm off of the non srt knuckles. The wk1 brembo mounting points are spaced much closer together which is why non srt guys cant use our brakes without swapping to our knuckles. So basically they lucked out that the can realistically swap the wk2 brakes onto their jeeps with minor modification to their knuckle and we are SOL as far as making this work. However I see plenty of cars running adapter brackets for larger calipers such as audis running porsche cayenne 6 piston calipers. So it can be done.

They are 1cm off not 1mm. How many cm's apart are the bolt holes on the srt knuckles? Besides it shouldn't be hard to find a set of regular old wk knuckles in a junkyard or some place. They are a dime a dozen and should be relatively cheap

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4,074 ·
that doesnt sound bad at all if I can get it work. I gotta take some measurements tomorrow.

#4,077 ·
That sux bro... Id Give em hell for sure!!!! and Good Luck!

Reactions: DrSheldonCooper
#4,081 ·
So this is something I did about a month ago in my chassis fab class. Decided to make my own trailer hitch that would work with my solo exhaust and be hidden. Gotta paint it up and install it now. But here are some pis of it right now.
Here is the compete hitch
Vehicle Car Trunk Sport utility vehicle Bumper

All Tig welded by me
Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Car Bumper

Mock up before I added the rear bracing
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Car

Reactions: TSINND
#4,084 ·
Foam cannon with Maxi Suds and Dawn to prep for clay bar and some paint correction (water spots and minor swirls from before I knew what the hell I was doing :p )

Live and learn, sometimes painfully :D