Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Jeep went in for service today....

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Juggernaught 
#1 ·
My 2009 was in to replace left front caliper since the paint was chipped upon delivery. Got a call and they stated that the red calipers are no longer produced and they can only get black. Therefore they are going to touchup the paint. I should mention that I originally wanted them to touchup the paint and they ultimately told me they would replace the caliper. Does this sound right?
They also told me they ordered a new windshield since there was a notice from Jeep that it should be replaced. I did a quick search and could not find anything regarding windshield issues. They did not tell me why it needs to be replaced. Does anyone have info about this?

#5 ·
They actually ordered and received the caliper but it was black. They did not notice until they opened the box. They supposedly made a call in order to get a red one and were told they can no longer get it.
I personally doubt that they would replace all four calipers in order for the color to match. Especially since it is a small cosmetic paint chip and the caliper works fine. Besides, I definitely like the red better.

#7 ·
My 2009 was in to replace left front caliper since the paint was chipped upon delivery. Got a call and they stated that the red calipers are no longer produced and they can only get black. Therefore they are going to touchup the paint. I should mention that I originally wanted them to touchup the paint and they ultimately told me they would replace the caliper. Does this sound right?

How can the red calipers no longer be produced? WTF is Chrysler using for the 2010 models then? :confused:

Unless the damage to the caliper is extensive, I would insist on having them touch up the chipped areas and call it a day. In any case, hope it all works out for you...

#13 ·
I actually had something like this happen to me 25 years ago.

I had an '83 Trans Am with 15" silver turbo-finned rims. I hit a pothole and bent one. I went to the dealer and ordered a new rim from GM. A week later, it came in and was the wrong part! It was a 14" instead of a 15" rim (even though I gave the parts guy the right size). The parts guy was upset and said that since they had ordered the wrong part, they couldn't send it back to GM. So he said that he would put the 14" rim in the box that the 15" rim came in, and would then send it back. He said that he would tell GM that they put the wrong rim in the box, and get a refund.

I am guessing that the parts department ordered black by mistake and can't send it back. Unless Chrysler has a different parts return policy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.