Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Sold my Jeep today....

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  SoonToBeSRT 
#1 ·
Well I sold the Jeep today. I already miss it. Oh well, time to move on. It has been a great couple of years, with lots of good memories and good times. Maybe someday I'll get another SRT, but for right now it is time to really focus in on my goal of becoming a police officer.

#3 ·
You can't become a cop with a Jeep? Too busy speeding?

#8 · (Edited)
Of course you can, but the payment will most certainly suck when you aren't making any money when going through the academy. Most agencies around here are waiting for you to get done with the POST academy before hiring. It costs them a lot less this way.

#9 ·
I'll be driving the 99 Durango that I had before the Jeep.

#7 ·
We will miss u so what r u getting now

#14 ·
LOL, it was an 07 base model sold it for $28500.

#12 ·
I don't know how old you are nor do I know why you would want to become a Police Officer. However, it is not what everyone thinks it is. For the most part, it is about becoming a Political Yes Sir Man and getting quota's to make your supervisors and the Department look good.....Trust me, I know.;)

Anyhow, good luck!

#15 ·
I know it isn't like it is shown on t.v. but I never expect it to be. It is just something I have always wanted to do. I have been researching for the last 12+ months and have done a few ride along with the local PD which has only solidified what I want to do. I am 22 now and can't think of any other field I would want to go into. With the way the auto industry is(I used to work as a parts counterman in a D-C-J dealership) there is no way that I want to go back into it.

#17 ·
Sorry, you had to sell your jeep but good luck with the academy.

#18 ·
I had my mind set for the same job! I passed the the written test,but the week before the physical agility test I blew left ACL in my knee sparing with my 260 lb. MMA nephew:(a few drinks & I thought my $190 was good enough!LOL besides cops here only make $43k a year.....but you get to use your own car & they pay for your fuel while on duty..theirs one black jeep srt on this Island & it looks sick when hes lit up!along with a bunch of 300c & chargers with 22" & dropped! a sick sight to see...

good luck getting in..
Aloha.

#19 ·
Thanks guys.

#20 ·
You are doing the exact same thing as I am going to do, with the exception that I'm not selling my Jeep. Sorry it had to go, but GOOD LUCK at the academy. I will be doing it as soon as I get myself in shape! May I ask where you want to be a PO?

#21 ·
I would have like to get on here in Vacaville since I have lived here all my life, but they aren't hiring. I'm going to try Woodland, Fairfield and the Solano County Sheriff. Hopefully once I start applying here in a few months, after I start the academy, there will be more options. There is supposed to be some fed money for cities to use to hire police and fire fighters, but we'll see. Good luck getting into shape. I don't know what academy you plan on going to but mine said they focus a lot on running, push-ups and sit-ups. Here is a link to a push-up program that I have been doing. When completed you are supposed to be able to do atleast 100 push-ups in a row. I am on week 2 and it is hard as hell.

http://hundredpushups.com/

#22 ·
wheww 100 push in a row is beast lol, good strength for sure, im lucky to half right now haha, any way your becoming a PO? Isnt that someone who supervises the delinquents from time to time and checks up on them ahah ;) JK bro, cops are nice, protect our freedoms (for most part) and keep us safe (for most part ;) sorry rig had to go but youll get er back once you making the six figs and great benefits, stay in touch!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.