Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What options to get/avoid?

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  CumminsPilot 
#1 ·
Hi all,

New to the site and looking for advice. I'm going to order a 2014 SRT, essentially Alpine version (not sure if its still specifically called that). It will be a 3rd car for my wife and I (current vehicles '99 Volvo S70 and '02 Audi A4).

What options do you wish you'd got, and which do you regret?

Definites are tow package and pano sun roof. Not sure about sound system. Also, it'll be based in Southern CA with road trips to WA/OR. What tires do I want to order?

Thanks for the input and I look forward to showing off pictures this spring! PS: it'll mostly be the wife's car. Hers is on its last legs.

#2 · (Edited)
These are the things i wouldnt of got if i ordered it.
1 - tow package. Never use it
2 - 3 season tires as there to soft and will wear out faster and cost about $900. All season have harder rubber compond and would last longer and there standard eq.

#3 ·
Get the all season tires. It's funny I always get a sun roof in cars and never use it. The upgraded stereo is good. I'm not a big fan of the suede in mine. Didn't like it in my Lightning either. Full leather is a nice option to have. Good luck!

#4 ·
Am stoked that I got the upgraded audio. Love my tunes and had custom setups in other cars - Very happy with performance of this for my use :) Only other option we have is Pano roof which i also totally dig - Best thing ever for rear passengers.

#5 ·
I got all the options except the side mirror auto move down function not sure what package thats in but wish i had it when backing into stalls. Stereo is the bomb in these, Nav is a must and getting the real time traffic updates is quite time saving that ***** in the box knows whats up, I use my tow package a lot, and the tires eh who cares i will ugrade to nitto's after these wear out. And the pano roof is great I just wish it would fully open all the way instead of just the one pane lol.

#6 · (Edited)
you can make your mirrors do down automatically when you reverse. its in the system settings in your gauge cluster

the adaptive cruise control is awesome, i use it every day on the way to work to improve gas mileage, not really an option more like a great feature. the rear backup sensor is really annoying, i turn it off, and it makes alot of noise anyway

i have the pano roof, upgraded audio, and 3 season tires (which i got for free), love everything about all of them

#7 · (Edited)
I added the tow package after purchasing and have not used it as of this post. However, I like the idea of having the capability to throw a receiver on and tow something if needed.

I LOVE the SRT audio and feel its worth every penny. I would highly recommend it.

Pano roof is nice except they have a tendency to start making noise after a while. My 2011 Overland pano roof made so much noise I hated it. However, the roof in my SRT doesn't make a sound. I have only put 4k miles on it since July of last year. So the choice is yours on that option.

I have the Pirelli tires and think they are crap. I will definitely replace them after they are used up.

Also, I'm replacing my front brake pads since I cannot stand the amount of dust the stock pads create. It's so annoying that I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of stopping power to control the brake dust issue.

Sent with my iPhone from TaillightSolutions.com

#8 ·
Personally I don't like sunroofs and if I were to ever pre-order a vehicle I've always said I'd order without. Why take a perfectly good roof and turn it into something that might leak or make noise? It's something I mess with pushing the buttons since I have it, something I'd never miss if it wasn't there.

I have the upgraded audio which I would recommend. I've never heard a stock system so I don't know how much better the 19 speaker setup is. My RTA is off being serviced otherwise I'd give you some specs.

Pirelli 4 season tires, going to be replaced in the spring with Vreds due to the rough ride of the run flats. If the 3 season are also run flats (and rough) it might be better off to stick with whichever are cheaper and plan on going aftermarket later.

Another thumbs up for the adaptive cruise.

#10 ·
Get everything!

Why buy a top-of-the-line model and skimp on options?.....doesn't make sense to me.

Besides, on a top-tier model like this, missing options will only hurt resale value later.

#12 ·
Why buy a top-of-the-line model and skimp on options?.....doesn't make sense to me.
Because we don't want everything? We're not skimping due to price point. Once you hit $70k a couple grand really doesn't make a difference. :cool:

Besides, on a top-tier model like this, missing options will only hurt resale value later.
Also not something I'm concerned about.

The only options I'm not getting:

Rear DVD System (listed as late availability anyway). We don't want it...sorry. :rolleyes:
Sepia interior. Also listed as late availability. Don't want that ugly color either.

#11 ·
Exactly. Get everything

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.