Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What 1/4 mile time is possible w/650HP?

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Mikla 
#1 ·
What 1/4 mile time could a 2006 Jeep SRT8 with (no weight reducton) and a 200lb driver with approx. 650 Flywheel HP and a Built Transmission on Street Tires achieve at Sea Level with good air quality and cool temperatures? Is an 11.00 flat even possible?

#5 ·
Found it, thank you Tex this is awesome.
And hell yeah boy 11.00 flat and even high 10's are doable at that HP range.
I need to start gettin' to the track more.

#3 ·
IMO, 11 flat on street trim, full weight would require at least 600 whp on a good track on a good day.

#4 ·
Thanks Roadboy, just wanted to know if it's possible.
I was messin' with the Wallace Racing Calculator and it comes up with an 11.44.

#6 ·
Only about 4 more months until Lebanon Valley opens back up Bruce!

#8 ·
Why pick 650HP vs 675 or 700? Anyway, I looked at every timeslip I could find and did a bunch of correlation to 1/4 times in this post. It shows that 650 will get you to low 11s. Your times will vary based on weight, DA, traction, etc.

#12 ·
Stock Bottom End on the motor. I've heard 650HP is about all you should run or you'll be replacing everything else.

#13 ·
Your Jeep is what I'm trying to replicate.
I saw your GLD 9/24 videos.... it was those track runs that got me on this Krazy Kick. :)

#16 ·
That helps, but I don't believe the dyno numbers. Would love to see what you are getting on a good AWD dyno. Did you use Nitrous or only 2WD for the 1/4 run? Either way, nice run!

Reactions: roadboy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.