Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Modified Washer bottle w/ BWoody CAI

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  cyanideg 
#1 ·
So I just finished installing my BWoody CAI and after reading through a few threads about how the new washer pump has a one way valve feading the front and rear washer nozzles I decided to try something different. I cold steel welded the factory pump to the side of the new washer resevoir and after a failed attempt at running a hose from the hole in the resevoir to the bottom of the pump found that the pump needs to be submerged in washer fluid to operate properly. I had to take the long neck off the old washer resevoir and cut a section out, then cut two pieces to fit over the ends with enough overlap to melt down to seal the end caps (later found out you can buy a plastic welder at Harbor Freight to do this) I used a soldering iron and melted/molded the plastic till it sealed up then for added protection cold steel welded the seems, I then drilled 2 holes to accept the factory washer pump and a 3/4" pex elbow for a drain from the provided tank to the new added resevoir. Here is the end result, functions as good if not better than the factory.
PHP:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Good stuff man. I got some ideas in the work to make a better setup. Just need the time home.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#3 ·
Yeah there are a lot of good options I just wanted to get it functional as quick as I could but I think it turned out ok for a first try, I might see about having one custom made later so its a better fit :D

#4 ·
I'm working on drawings to send to bwoody to have them weld and powder coat me an aluminum tank. Eventually I'll have it done. I wish I had my factory washer parts but they are home in NM and I'm working in IN. But yeah. I've seen that plastic welder at harbor freight the other day. Never thought about welding my own up. Great idea BTW.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#5 ·
Thanks, I like your idea of getting a nice cutom aluminum one done, that wont cause any issues with the pump or lines will it (i.e., any oxidation build up)?

#6 · (Edited)
I don't think there will be a problem with the aluminum. The outside would be powder coated, the inner should be fine. It should be a perfect solution, both functionally and cosmetically.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#11 ·
Id really like to use the factory pump as well, lemme know if you guys come up with anything else. Ill buy a clone of yur setup and pay for yours if anyone can build me one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.