Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Eibach's bottoming out

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  meeper 
#1 ·
Put eibachs in last week. Was driving to a christmas get together with the family and every bump I hit the jeep would bottom out. Is this a bump stop issue or just part of having eibachs? I've never bottomed out with stock springs.

#2 ·
did you install both rear tower cups or just the one smaller ?
I had the same issue until I removed the unnecessary larger rear tower

rides like a dream now !

#3 ·
Likewise. I skipped the large metal spacer and just used the cup and have never bottomed out....,

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#7 ·
There's a thread on cutting the front bumpstop in half. You might want to read it.

#9 ·
#10 ·
#11 ·
Oops. Must have been typing the same time as Mongoose :)

#12 ·
Haha, I was just browsing and decided to post up.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#13 ·
i run the front bump stops and also the eibach rears but i trimmed them down 1" shorter than the OEM ones and this is perfect insurance for the shocks especially, i would never want my shocks bottoming out before the bump stops, anyone who runs just the bumper and cup is asking for trouble

#14 ·
Are you saying to trim the rears also?

#15 ·
fronts i left alone

for the rears i cut down the aluminum spacer they give you just to the length where i could still use the OEM bolt and the eibach cup and bump stop, i then cut some slits in the bump stops around them where they would catch in the cups, i saw some old bump stop photos on here where the lip was built into the rubber bump stop but mine didn't show up like that just a few weeks ago...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.