Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Bottoming out and rear end jump help!

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  badasssrt8 
#1 ·
The rear end of the car is really sloppy when you hit bumps at speed and it throws the rear end usually towards the right. It's driving me crazy, is there a fix to this or is this happening because it's an awd (never driven one before).

Next is a more serious problem that I am having where the car bottoms out so damn hard I feel like my teeth are going to crack! The car itself is not bottoming out but the shocks are. It's happened numerous times so it's not a fluke or just a bad bump in the road... What do you guys think?

#4 ·
I find that hard to believe. I have a hard time bottoming out my stock springs even with 4 people in it, but it does happen at higher speeds on BIG bumps. Your options are Bwoody lowering springs witch are stiffer. You won't have same sloppy rear end with Bwoody's. I heard it gets ride of that problem. Get ride of the Crapyears too.

#6 ·
What year truck you have , did you buy new/used ? Chances are you bought a truck already lowered with BWOODY .

#9 ·
Go to the dealer. Something is wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.