Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Squeaky brakes.... is this normal?

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  allflashnocash 
#1 ·
Hi all,

As you know I just picked up my JGC SRT8 two days ago. Already have 250 miles on it. When I apply the brake at speeds above 25 miles an hour, I hear a high pitched squeel that resonates from what appears to be the rear brakes. It's only when my speed is above 25/30mph and I apply the brakes to slow down, I've tested it over and over. As I decellerate, the squeel remains constant but stops once I slow down below 25. This is weird, and is this a normal occurance during the break in period with the Brembo brakes? Anyone else encounter this?

**note, this is not a squeel like from a screecher pad, but it's very tiny and high pitched. If the radio is on, even low, you can barely hear it. I notiched when I had my windows down today and my radio off, listening to the o-so-sweet exhaust haha.

#10 ·
I'm hearing it daily now too, between that and the sound of the paint peeling off my bumper, I can barely hear the radio

damn american cars. . . lucky it's got a huge engine :)

#11 ·
guys, i think you guys just arnt using the brakes hard enough.

Mine only comes back when I don't drive hard for 1-2 days

Otherwise I am always stomping on the brake to slowdown from like 80mph in a 45mph lol

#12 ·
appayipyip said:
Hi all,

As you know I just picked up my JGC SRT8 two days ago. Already have 250 miles on it. When I apply the brake at speeds above 25 miles an hour, I hear a high pitched squeel that resonates from what appears to be the rear brakes. It's only when my speed is above 25/30mph and I apply the brakes to slow down, I've tested it over and over. As I decellerate, the squeel remains constant but stops once I slow down below 25. This is weird, and is this a normal occurance during the break in period with the Brembo brakes? Anyone else encounter this?

**note, this is not a squeel like from a screecher pad, but it's very tiny and high pitched. If the radio is on, even low, you can barely hear it. I notiched when I had my windows down today and my radio off, listening to the o-so-sweet exhaust haha.
BRAKES *& ^%%%$#@ NOW HEAR THIS
blk 06 gcsrt8
got it in feb 06
4k dust squeal etc
finally at 18k after reps and dc--brakes rotors replaced by them
at 20k BRAKES r dusting squeaking Scoring
dc--srt reps say TOUGH!!!
i'm at 22k now an embarrassed every time MY SRT stops its sounds like a
$100.00 beater
trying with NEW dealership to generate a TSB
remember TSB for magnums -- 300's-- chargers they had same problem
and oh lets talk about Goodyear or should i say GOOOOOODLUCK----

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.