Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Stainless Works Headers

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  tbyrne 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am in the market for SW headers and I contacted a local parts dealer about pricing. He tells me first how he has never heard about them and then tells me that he talked to a local guy with a turbo SRT which I think is BS b/c there are only 4 in my area and I know who all of them are and none except mine has any mods not even exhaust.
Anyways he tells me that the welds and collectors are weak on the SW and that they warp all the time. Is there any truth to this? I find it Hard to believe that $1k+ headers fall apart.
And While were on the topic of SW I know there was a tread but I couldnt find it about the difference in size. I plan on doing heads cam and intake can I do the 1.75 or should I go 1.875 what the difference, in a short answer.

#3 ·
Where do you live? I only know of like 5 turbo jeeps in the country and none of them run headers. Sounds like that guy is a toolbag.

#4 ·
I live in NW Indiana. There a couple by me but like I said they are all stock
But there is nothing wrong with SW right?

#5 ·
Never heard of anyone having a problem with the SW on a jeep. I'm sure if you ever did, SW would stand behind their product.

#6 ·
I have had the 1 7/8 headers on my Jeep for close to 5K miles and they are perfect.

You will get alot more people that don't know or have not heard about SW than those that have. How do you go from never hearing of them to they suck???

If you are going to do the mods listed the 1 7/8 will help everything to breathe better in a simple answer

#7 ·
ye its simply not humanly possible to not hear of something and then say they are weak, hes doing this as sales tactic, wants you to run away from SW and come buy whatever he has to offer being as he cant offer SW, (he doesnt even know what they are hahaha) so ye they're great headers, right up thee with Kooks for best value and quality. Look into it yourself, screw this dbag guy you were dealign with, he probably never even dealt with a real Cherokee SRT8 before lol.

#11 ·
Hey I got sw 1 7/8" ers as well. You can check mine out at the track here pretty soon in a month or two. I love mine and have had no problem. Contact Andy and Modernhorsepower dot com and tell him I sent you. He sells them for a good price.

#12 ·
You need to slap whoever told you that because they're lying to you. ;)

Their products carry a lifetime warranty on materials/workmanship so if there ever was a problem (they don't use anything less than Everlast 304L so warping is not a possibility and they have laser welders and extremely experienced operators) they would fix it for you NP.

Thanks
Andy

#13 ·
That guy was a douche! I have about 8K on mine I think and they're perfect! Get them and have fun!

#17 ·
Thanks harrison. They are by no means cheap quality, but yes they are the least expensive, retain stock placement, and are interchangeable between cats and no cats if needed. You WONT be disappointed.

#18 ·
thanks for all the info guys Im going to get a set hopefully next week but I might wait a few weeks and have my heads cam and everything else installed at once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.