Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Who's a Pink Floyd fan????

2K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  a990dna 
#1 ·
I can't get enough of their music, to this day, still my all time favorite band. Just finished reading Nick Mason's book..good read.

Who else here loves these guys? I wish I was a bit older in the late 80's and went to a concert.......seems no chance of another tour either. :(

What's your favorite album? Mine: Momentary Lapse of Reason

What style do you prefer, Gilmour or Waters? Me Gilmour!

Anyone been to a Australian Pink Floyd concert? These guys are good! :eek:

I'm done....back to work!

#4 ·
I can't get enough of their music,

Who else here loves these guys? I wish I was a bit older in the late 80's and went to a concert.......seems no chance of another tour either. :(
no doubt about it bro... floyd is simply amazing...always will be... how old are you? i saw them once about 20 years ago... unbelievable... actually i think i was 15-16 so maybe it was 1991? dont remember the year exact

what about BREATHE?

parts of that song were actually included in my senior quote in highschool... :)

Long u live and high u fly...and smiles you give and tears you will cry and all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be....

god floyd rules... good thread... im gonna jam out some floyd today on the way home from work...!!

as for album... love them all... cant say i like ONE the best

#8 ·
no doubt about it bro... floyd is simply amazing...always will be... how old are you? i saw them once about 20 years ago... unbelievable... actually i think i was 15-16 so maybe it was 1991? dont remember the year exact

what about BREATHE?

parts of that song were actually included in my senior quote in highschool... :)

Long u live and high u fly...and smiles you give and tears you will cry and all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be....

god floyd rules... good thread... im gonna jam out some floyd today on the way home from work...!!

Indeed! I am almost 35, grew up with Floyd and have so many good memories including their music! I remember being 16 or so and a buddy of mine (actually my sister's boyfriend and I, he was 20 then) we smoked an entire carton of Marlboro Reds while camping (and drinking of course) in a 12 hour period. That's one smoke every 7 minutes for 24 hours straight (basically there was a lit smoke in my mouth ever minute). Never knew my jaw muscles could hurt like that! We essentially played every Floyd album that night.

I'm actually starting a bar in my basement soon with a floyd theme! Insane!

I'd literally pay $5k to see them in concert if I had the opportunity.

I've been liking The Final Cut (Not Now Johnny) lately. Only song Gilmour sang on that album.

#9 ·
I saw a short interview with Nic Mason (drummer) on some car show. He's big into racing.

My favorite albums in order:

animals
the final cut
the wall
wish you were here

T

#11 ·
Yea, Pink Floyd has always been my all time favorite... I've got the book and been listening to them since the 70s.

There's two things that go together well.. Pink Floyd and circa 1980 Klipsch Cornwall I speakers.

Although I enjoy all the Pink Floyd albums... the few songs that tend to stand out are Mother, Comfortably Numb, Breathe, and everything on the 'Wish You Were Here' album.

David Gilmour: A true musician.

Also, Led Zeppelin.... 'Ten Years Gone' is a favorite as well... seems to reflect my life at this moment.

Cheers.

#13 ·
Honestly... I like them both. Waters for all the crazy stuff.... and Gilmore for all the trippy stuff. I think Gilmore commercialized Floyd a little better. He opened up their market a little more to everyone. I have The Wall on Blue Ray and love it. Still don't get tired of watching it. The EARLY EARLY stuff with Syd Barrett...... I don't really care for though.

#16 ·
One of my most indelible memories: The Wall tour, 1980, The Forum in LA. I'll never forget the block by block assembly of The Wall during the first half of the show and the destruction of The Wall by an airplane sent from the rafters. Music and performance today just doesn't seem to resonate like this!

#17 ·
Check out this DVD. Roger Waters - In the Flesh - Live

Doyle Bramhall II plays the Gilmour guitar parts. Look closely, He is playing a lefty guitar, but it is strung right handed. Which too me means he has crazy talent and is self taught. He used to be in the band Arc Angel and his father was one of the band members of SRV and double trouble.

Anyway check out the DVD you won't be disappointed.

T

#27 ·
Way before my time too, caught on from my pops, never heard it better than in an E35 Benz once, those audio systems the Harman/Kardon they have are amazing, especially with PF playing. I like Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall is good, or whatever that album is called exactly.

#31 ·
ok ok ok! i actually really like floyd. they are amazing. im 32 so i cought a little bit of that era. i listen to metallica(old and new) CCR, killswitch engage, lynard, pantera, kansas(wow) led zeplin, rush.

my fav song from the is have a cigar! that song rocked!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.