Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Looking to purchase new all season tires

6K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  srt8gofast 
#1 ·
Hello-

I'm looking to purchase all season tires to replace my Nitto 420's. I'm thinking about going with Toyo ST II's 275/40/20 315/35/20. How do the Nitto's stack up to the Toyo's? Any other suggestions, comments? Cheapest vendor to purchase from?

Thanks for your help.

Brian

#2 ·
I too need new tires very VERY badly lol.
From what I've heard it's a better idea to get a set of winter tires and a set of summer tires, instead of going with allseason. In on this for some more info.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#4 ·
I was at my tire place yesterday and I got quoted ~$900 for the toyo's with install and balance included

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#6 ·
I've heard a lot of praise over the Nitto Motivos. They're all season for about 1K and have a limited treadwear warranty up to 60K. Can't beat that. I'm going to purchase these once I get the money to replace my crapyears.

#9 ·
I have the TOYO's and really like them! They get really great traction and drive nice...

Although, I may not be putting down enough power to really worry about traction haha...

#13 ·
Screw it. I just bought the motivo's from discount tire. Does anyone have a pic from the rear of your lowered jeep with the motivo's mounted? Thanks

#16 ·
If you live in a snow climate, do not get the Toyo's. Worse tire I ever bought. They were good the first season (last year) and this year, they are absolute crap and hasn't even started snowing yet. This is just in the rain. I slide everywhere with giving it the littlest of throttle. I've had other drivers in my car complain about them as well. I will be buying a new set of all seasons before this winter.

Reactions: cmn1
#17 ·
Yeah not the best tire for the winter Matt...... I am a true believe that there is no All season tire that can substitute a true winter tire IMO... My Toyos were giving me issues with just a few inches of snow last year on the highway and felt I had to tippy toe when driveing the Jeep.

#21 · (Edited)
You can see my thread for pics and more info....I did lots of research and read a ton of reviews. If you want an all season that performs well in all categories go with the Motivos. I was the first here to get them and at least 5 others have since I did. Super quiet, awesome ride- soooo smooth and grippy and good steering response. Fine in the rain too. Snow is next up lol. BTW if you are considering the Conti DWS, these will kick the Contis ass on dry as far as grip, cornering and steering response, and likely equally good in rain/light snow.

#22 ·
pardon me for bumping this but i recently bought a 2010 jeep srt8 new to trucks i always had cars. im in need of tires as well. quick question i know this truck is all wheel drive and its set to the tires it comes from factory doesn't the transfer case go bad if u get different tire size beside factory?

#23 ·
Several threads and lots of posts on this. Short answer, as long as the front and rear circumferences are reasonably close...less than 3% difference you should be fine. Most tires people have gone with when replacing the stock GYs are well under that, usually closer to 1%. Read the threads on the tires and the reviews and make a decision. If you are looking for an awesome all-season, read my thread on the Nitto Motivos.

#25 ·
I have a 2010 SRT8 with the original Goodyear Run-flats. I hate them. They ride rougher than hell and if you punture them and plug them you void the high speed warranty. So I'm thinking about an all season tire. Members here seem to endorse the Nitto Motivos. Are these run-flats? For a spare are you using the mini compressor and slime kit?

Bob

#27 ·
At this point ANY tire would be a better replacement for the crapyears!!
This just happend to me a week ago, thank god I wasn't going at a high speed on the highway.

Attachments

#26 · (Edited)
Motivos are not run flats. Use the saved $$ for a AAA membership, 10 steak dinners at Mortons, and the roadside kit you mentioned. Read up in the tire forum on the options and details. Motivos were best for my needs for a daily driver (Warranty, sizes, all weather, rubber density/life). Run flats were just too much to justify the price for the benefit. I have a short commute in an area where a AAA tow is more practical than dropping the $$$ on run flats. Plus you're constrained to certain sizes if you stay with run flats.

#28 ·
With the Nitos you mentioned what sizes are you all going with? Still stag or all one size? Thanks going with them as I just can't take the crap years any more. I even have two new ones on the back that I am taking off just to go with a new brand and start from new. Either going to order from discount online from our forum or firestone has great match prices and life time wheel balance and alignments

#30 ·
Thanks Brothers. It looks like I need Nitto Motivos 275/35ZR-20 & 315/35ZR-20 tires. What can I expect to pay for these?:confused:

#33 ·
I think maybe $800- 1000 for the set of four?

#35 ·
All the data is here:
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67528

I used simpletire dot com as a reference point for prices. They had the lowest online prices out there. Their prices did fluctuate a bit over the few weeks I was shopping, so check back. I ended up using their price to negotiate with my local guy and he beat the total price by chopping his labor way down on mount/balance/alignment. Find a shop that uses a RoadForce machine and ask them to take their time and get the numbers as low as they possibly can.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.