Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Winston's dissapointing Dyno Day

6K views 68 replies 27 participants last post by  BuilderBill 
#1 ·
Winston took his Jeep up to see AJ today. He had what he called a bad day but I see it differently. The Jeep put down 620AWHP@ 9psi!! He doesn't know the TQ b/c it wasn't on the screen. The Jeep can run 15-16psi but they were running out of fuel in the injectors. SOOooooo...... time for some bigger ones.:D It's only money Winston. I think though that REALLY made him have a bad day was pretty much ripping off the front fascia of the Jeep getting it off the U-Haul trailer. My heart goes out to ya Winston.:pinklove: I believe with some big 90lb's in there he'll be in the 720-730hp range. He also had a bad day b/c he looked at the spark plugs and they WERE THE SAME ASS OLD ONE'S FROM HIS OLD MOTOR!! Valdermort strikes again. These were the plugs from when he dropped a piston in his old motor. Seriously Marty, how much is a new set of plugs!!:rolleyes: What was supposed to be a great day turned out to be an expensive day. Injectors, plugs, and a new front fascia. Till next weekend bro. Hopefully AJ can get the new sticks in there and re-tune it this week. Can't wait for the update.:rocker:

#5 ·
That's what I'm saying..... 620@9psi is strong! There's still another 6-7psi to go with alot more fuel coming. That was also at 18* timing.:D

#12 ·
I'm betting on that for sure. Considering he ran an 11.41 with a junk tune with the SCT, and now has a larger, proper intercooler, bigger sticks feeding the engine, and a tune from AJ, along with a new tranny with a little something something to go along with that...... 10's for sure. Can't wait for May 3rd. I just hope to God he's in the country to run it!!

#11 ·
When this truck is all dialed in it will be a beast

#19 ·
Juust a quick update from the car world: We made 717WHP SAE Friday night on a 300SRT with 426, Builder Bill tranny and valve body-- Great job Bill!!, our dPG loaded 3.55 rear end and a healthy shot of N20 from the NX kit and NOS progressive controller.

Tim C
Thanks Tim....
You and your company are a pleasure to be associated with.
Pretty strong numbers!!!:D
Bill

#20 ·
Thanks for the post-up Harrison. You pretty much hit all the widgets. I'll see if I can get a dynograph up, dont know if it was SEA or not, was jlooking at the big plasma screen and reading the numbers off while AJ was making runs. They were graphing AFR, boost, and HP.. no torque numbers to share :(

As far as anyone from the South driving up to New York.. DONT DO IT!!! Round trip with a trailer, I paid over $140 in road tolls. The roads up there are horrible, traffic was miserable, and don't ever ever ever go down the Brookly Queens Expressway, affectionatly referred-to by the locals as "Da Bee-Cue-E"

All get togethers from now-on shall hence be south of Maryland. :D

#22 ·
Man, I am in LOVE !!!:D

All the best dude.. GREAT WORK.

AJ,
YOU ARE THE MAN... thats what i call a real tune, a real work, a real service, and that what all need here in the community.. away from BS and crap work, lies and un necessary things.. all the best bud..

this beast got to beat someone in my mind winston :D

#23 ·
once again turbos FTW! haha

#29 ·
I hear ya Winstons on the roads. How do you think I broke one of my exhaust system mounts on the way to the NJ Hooters meet. Ahhhhhh... I do LOVE Florida roads!

#31 ·
turbos,, turbos,,turbos.. man, you guys are draging me into this thing :)
cant forget my 11s sec EVO9 and how the turbo sounds.

hmm.. i guess i am having a different thought for what i was planning on my rig, maybe i should go for a turbo then..

any things i have to watch out if i changed to a turbo setup? sorry hijak

#32 ·
the bottom end :)

#33 ·
Honestly I think N/A trucks are more "fun"... with my turbo I lose a lot of the off-the-line 'wow-factor', then passing through 4000rpm it takes off like a bolt of lightening. What you pick up with a turbo is the top end, the thing absolutely screams from 100-165mph, whereas in the N/A motors they fall flat. But you just dont get the opportunity to stretch the turbo out on the open road very often, whereas you're always doing 0-60 pulls for daily driving.

#34 ·
Might be disappointing but holy shat 620 at 9psi? Wasnt winston running like 15 psi or something? Once you get all the quirks worked out and better fuel system injectors etc this rig will be nuts

#36 ·
Yes.. I was running 15psi or something with the old setup, old tune, etc. When I picked the truck up from V-mort he rated it at 651 RW, something like 20psi. Hah!!

First of all Vmort was using a RW dyno, which if you dyno All-wheel you instantly lose 50 horsepower, as you are now spinning the front wheels, axles, driveshaft, and half the transfer case.

Plus, he was using some sort of Standard Horsepower that always reads high, not the benchmark that everyone else uses.

But every single part of the turbo system has been replaced with a piece that actually FLOWS like a turbo should. AJ has tuned in a completely different manner. Now that the thing has been opened up and tuned correctly its putting down the numbers that it should, thats why we ran out of injector at such a low boost number.

#37 ·
Oh man but watch out when you get it set up right. What kind of numbers are you looking for when all said and done and tuned up and project complete? Oh wait is anyones project ever complete on this site? ......no :)

#38 ·
I'll be happy with over 700AW... somewhere around 900 at the engine, with less than 15psi on the turbo.

#39 ·
winston, if you look at your hp curve to stock... i bet you spool fast enough your launch isnt bad :)... can you (or do you) pre-boost it at all (hold brake)? i know that would probably break stuff but thats how most turbos launch... if you can leave at even 2psi you will be bounds head...

i always tried that in my turbo dodge... it was a 5 speed so i always heel-toed it and just slipped the clutch (hard as hell do to but the few times i did get a good launch it really took off... but the times i stalled it made me look like a moron :))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.