Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

It's Tuned!

19K views 93 replies 30 participants last post by  Mongoose9400 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone...

I picked up my GCSRT8 last night from Mike at Diablo. I had hoped to get this thread up sooner, but had daddy duties last night!

From what I understand the rwhp gains is very minimal...10 rwhp at the most. With that said...it feels like a completely different truck. The throttle response is impressive, the shift points are now where they should be and the shift performance is awesome. To me it feels like a gain of 40-50 rwhp...the truck gets up and goes!

The Trinity system/tuner is also very impressive. From being able to modify the tune to monitoring the vehicles performance to even being able to capture a true 0-60 time. Just a cool little device. It mounts nice and neatly on the windshield...it seems to be a nice little package.

I will be spending sometime with it this weekend going through some of the different options, etc. If any of you have any questions...feel free to send them. I will do my best to help/answer them!

Big thanks to Mike and his team at Diablo. I am sure this will be the first of several more tunes to come!

Jeremy

See less See more
#45 ·
Congrats man! Is this a custom tune or canned tune you are running on your WK2?

#51 ·
well said Jerseyboy!

#53 ·
This is great , now let toona work he's magic . This is fantastic Mike :)

#54 ·
Time to get back in, be the first to take WK2 to big heights.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#63 ·
Booked me a flight home for the holidays. Finally gonna get to see what these toons can do next weekend :D :D

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#71 ·
Anyone get any track #'s with the new tune yet? The no name tune did not show any gains at the track for me, hopefully this one will be better!:)

#73 ·
I ran mine tonight. :) Cut off .3 from stock to 93 tune.

Reactions: megabass
#74 ·
Took a quick spin with the 91 tune loaded. I like it :D

#76 · (Edited)
Where is the tune for the jeep 2012 srt8 on the t-1000? i just updated it and Jeep isn't listed
You need the C revision of the file which isn't listed anymore. It had an issue on Forza Jeep so I'm guessing that's why it's pulled at the moment. John emailed me the file and it loaded no problem for me. PM me your email and I can forward the email with the file.

Thread I stared with the same problem
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69740

#78 ·
#79 ·
I think that the c file is for all Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge products that they have had tunes for. Think it got pulled because other models are having issues. I have an issue that the tunes do not finish loading and wants me to turn the key on(when it is). Also it want me to restore the OEM when plugging in because last tune did not finish loading. If I do that everything shuts down including Trinity. After about 4 minutes truck reboots but Trinity stays black and yellow light flashes. Was told that the tunes are loaded it just doesn't show they are finished. Unable to update because it wants OEM loaded. Trinity does show OEM was the last tune loaded. Some Chrysler 300's have had similar issues and have bricked. My truck runs, but I don't trust it. I don't want to go somewhere and get stuck. Told I was the only Jeep to have an issue and they needed someone with a Jeep to come in so they could figure out the problem. Diablo's forum is a good place to see what issues are happening.

Reactions: A.V.GCSRT8
#80 · (Edited)
I'm seeing about 3.5 degrees of STKN at WOT using the 91 tune. I took about half a tank of Shell 91 and mixed in 5 gallons of Torco 108 race gas. The STKN has come down and will vary from 0.5-3.5 degrees depending on the gear and speed I do a WOT blip. What's the best way to bring the STKN down all around? Should I adjust the tune and add a little more fuel or what? Any ideas.

#82 ·
So richen the fuel then? I thought I recall mike saying add 3% across the ranges.

#83 · (Edited)
The tank is probably around 94 +/- 1 octane according to fuel mixing calculators. Not sure how many gallons were in the tank to start. My guess around 15-18 prior to adding 5 gallons 108. The 108 has a 102 octane rating IIRC.

#92 ·
The stkn did come down a couple degrees after I added some fuel throughout the RPM ranges. I'll be returning the Jeep back to stock tomorrow evening, so I doubt I will play with the tune anymore. Returning it to stock since I'll be flying back out to Chicago for work and I store the Jeep with the parents. I'd hate to have an issue arise and not be around to take care of it. My plan is when I get back home around the end of Decemeber to get a wide band installed. Then I will just data log and let a pro like Johan tune it for me. It's been a blast the last couple days driving the beast with the tune. It's a whole new animal. It has been great just to drive the Jeep again over some crappy rental car.

#93 · (Edited)
Did you disable MDS? It knocks like crazy every time you press the throttle after ECO comes on, take it for a ride and keep the gauge running and observe, when MDS kicks in, press the throttle gradually and as it kicks out of MDS mode notice the knock. Disabling it helps reduce it. I too get some st tm kcnk now as well, most was 3.5, but no where as often as before I disabled MDS.
Chances are also with the raised shifts, it tends to hunt for higher gears, so when you press the gas as it's on a high gear it does that too.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.