Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

I need help getting my computer to recognize my Diablo

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  kcshaner 
#1 ·
I have a Diablo Predator and I have tried to install a canned tune.

When I plug it into the port to do the install it directs me to the Diablosport website for updating, and tells me to unplug it.

Well, last night I downloaded a few things from the site, then hooked the diablo to the computer, but the computer could not find the device. I don't have any disks for the diablo software, perhaps this is the problem.

Can anyone help? ALso, does anyone have a link to the things I should download onto the computer that may help the computer recognize the diablo so I can update it?

Thanks in advance for any help, I am very confused/frustrated...plus a little embarressed by my lack of knowlege in this department :eek:

#9 ·
I had some issues with VISTA and the driver. Got a co-worker who is smarter at computers to help. Basically VISTA did not like the driver provided. Cleared the drivers out then tried to send the update to the device. VISTA recognized it as connected and asked where the driver was. Utilized the function in VISTA to find a suitable driver, it then went to the disk (which was in my dvd drive) and was happy. Really wierd but it got updated. I am sure the guys at diablosport can get you there it was just tough for me as I couldn't be home while the tech support was available. Best of Luck can't wait for the weather to improve to get the tune in.

#10 ·
Its furstrating...I did this this am...you need to install the DS downloader, then, depending on what OS your PC is using and what cable you have, you need to install the right driver for the handheld...then, attach it to your car, and go from there...

#11 ·
This is driving me nuts, I have installed everything on the site and still nothing, it searches for the tool and never finds it. I am getting very irritated and my wife is yelling at me to come inside:mad:

#12 ·
Like I said, give us a call.

It really should not be too tough.

If you plug the USB cable into the PC, a little window opens at the bottom and says new hardware found.
From there, click that window and windows will ask you for the drivers, tell it to let you specify the location of the drivers, and then show windows where you saved the driver from my website.
It will then install the driver for you, and then you reboot the PC and when it comes back up DSDownloader will find the Predator.

Thanks
Mike

#13 ·
Thanks Mike. Unfortunately, I am using my wifes work laptop and she and I both work all day so its nearly impossible to find any time to mess with this other than in the evenings. I will try it again tonight and will try and get one of my buddies who is a little more computer savy to help out. If I can't make it work, I'll try and get home over lunch tomorrow and call you.

Thanks!

#14 ·
I occasionally get this issue. There are 2 things to do.

One, right click, not left click, on the DSDL and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

Two, you might need to rename one of your ports. The DSDL ports only go up to #'s 1-16 I think. My laptop had them named as 20 and up. Change one of them to the 1-16 and it will find it. You have to go into the Control Panel and then go to Device Manager, then go to Ports, click on one, then go to Properties, then Port Settings, then go to Advanced, then go to COM PORT NUMBER and change it to one. If one is being used, you can override it and it will work. That's what I had to do and it works...... good luck.

#15 ·
Well, after about an hour my buddy was able to figure out that there was a setting issue with the computer. It wasn't reading the correct USB port and there was some other setting issue. (it was some technical thing I didn't understand.)

It finally works and the 91 CAI tune is installed:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.