Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Brilliant Black or Straight Black?

3K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  JeepSRT 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought I would lighten the tone of the current threads and ask a simple question:

I thought when I ordered my truck it was going to be "Brilliant Black" which is Chrysler's black metallic paint. I know the weather has been lousy in Toronto lately, but I can find a sunny enough day to convince myself that my truck isn't just straight black. Ironically, my prefernce was just solid black and I was disappointed that I was going to have to get metallic.

Can anyone tell me if they have noticed any metallic in their black 2007 GC SRT's??
________
Tv gossip

#2 ·
kramsay1234 said:
I thought I would lighten the tone of the current threads and ask a simple question:

I thought when I ordered my truck it was going to be "Brilliant Black" which is Chrysler's black metallic paint. I know the weather has been lousy in Toronto lately, but I can find a sunny enough day to convince myself that my truck isn't just straight black. Ironically, my prefernce was just solid black and I was disappointed that I was going to have to get metallic.

Can anyone tell me if they have noticed any metallic in their black 2007 GC SRT's??

the color is black clear coat, there is no brilliant black for the gc, although i have heard that dc is going to discontinue the black clear coat and start using the brilliant black as their black color from 08.

#5 ·
kramsay1234 said:

My '07 is Black Clear Coat, and there's not a hint of metal in it at all.

Alex

#8 ·
#12 ·
This just proves to me that RED is the best color.:rolleyes: You guys can't even determine if its really black. Furthermore this idea that black is faster is a myth. I'll take any of you on. All you have to do is drive to Erie PA. Of course its 0 degrees and we have 35 foot of snow but come anyway:p

#14 ·
Ink Pump said:
This just proves to me that RED is the best color.:rolleyes: You guys can't even determine if its really black. Furthermore this idea that black is faster is a myth. I'll take any of you on. All you have to do is drive to Erie PA. Of course its 0 degrees and we have 35 foot of snow but come anyway:p

The "Red" color has changed also. From inferno to Red Rock. Which has a lot of rust color in it. I have a 04' GC in Brillant and and GCsrt in Black clear coat. I like the Clear coat better. It's just a matter of taste.

#15 ·
I love all the colors for the SRT8! I think it would look hot in any color! But I have to say nothing says "Class" like black does! No better color in my opinion!

#17 ·
I saw a GC SRT8 in black clearcoat parked next to a 300 in the brilliant black in a dealership lot today. I know that it is a matter of personal preference, but I found the brilliant black to be a bit of an acquired taste. In the sunlight, it appeared as if it had a dusting of multicolor glitter in it, not what I would have expected in a black finish.

#19 ·
Doctyphoon said:
I saw a GC SRT8 in black clearcoat parked next to a 300 in the brilliant black in a dealership lot today. I know that it is a matter of personal preference, but I found the brilliant black to be a bit of an acquired taste. In the sunlight, it appeared as if it had a dusting of multicolor glitter in it, not what I would have expected in a black finish.
:eek: Maybe they should call it Disco Black! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.