Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

new battery?!?!

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  NVMYSRT8 
#1 · (Edited)
2008 JGC SRT8 with 26,000 miles. Weak start multiple times yesterday. Finally wouldnt start at all, thankfully it was parked in my garage at that point. Used a trickle charger to give it some juice and it eventually fired up. Didnt want the hassle so I took it straight to the stealership. Got a call this AM and needs a new battery. Seems too soon for that! Bummer

I also want to add that they told me to service both differentials (because the fluid was dirty) and that my TC was due for service as well. He also said my TC had a small leak. I told him I did ALL 3 of those services myself 2 weeks ago so there's NO WAY the fluid is dirty! I also mentioned I have NO TC fluid on my garage floor so I dont see how there can be a leak. His response "I'm just telling you what the tech said". LOL. STEALERSHIP in full force!!! Jerks.

#3 ·
same here..had to replace my 06 battery at about 26-28k miles..never had an issue again

#4 ·
bill38jeep.....how much was redtop. I thought about it but this was late at night last night so I just didnt want the hassle of finding a store that would have the correct redtop

#5 ·
I wouldn't use an optima battery, they aren't what they used to be. I got a factory replacement AGM battery from Autozone.

#7 ·
I gave the stealership the green light to replace battery with factory one. Hope I dont regret it down the road......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.