Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Zero to 60 mph times

116K views 548 replies 144 participants last post by  JeepFreak12 
#1 ·
I have been consistently getting 0-60 times in the 4.6 to 4.8 sec range when in sport mode, but when I used track mode and the paddle shifters to control the shift points, I was able to get a 4.4 sec mark. Has anyone else been using track or sport mode with the paddle shifters with similar results?

Attachments

See less See more
#43 ·
Hit 4.3 seconds after I put in the K&N Air Filter. Sport Mode, Automatic, Temp 65, Elevation 17 ft. Will try the aforementioned approach in Track Mode. I have found using the paddle shifters you can keep it in first gear a little longer, but if you are slow on the shift, the gas is going to get cut off and you have to start over again.

Attachments

#44 ·
Was that the K&N drop in filter in the stock airbox?

I forgot to shift the other day while in Track Mode, first gear hit 6800rpm it looked like. At least 6500rpm. It was in the red.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#46 ·
A tank of race gas should help
;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#47 ·
i tried it the first day i got it, it was in auto mode+full tank+passenger+warm weather= 5.8 seconds.

i also remmeber one of the salesmen telling me that the fan clutch are normally changed when the cars are imported from the U.S (or was it just jeep?), because of the heat here during summer, so i think the clutch is tighter than what you guys have on your jeeps. i will try it next after the first check/maintenance at thier workshop.

fingers crossed

#49 ·

#51 ·
I'm usually driving in Track mode most of the time. I like the suspension in Track, reminds me of my setup on my WK1. I found some back country roads and was playing around some :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#53 ·
Best I have gotten so far is a 5.5 in sport mode auto shifting, thats after 3K miles and a fresh drink of Mobil 1 full syn in her. My disadvantage is living @ 5K feet, stupid elevation :(

#54 ·
I heard that. My home is Albuquerque, NM it ranges from 5500-6000' depending on location in the city. My 0-60 up there is the mid 5 range.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#55 ·
My fiance is in kansas with the beast right now, gonna have her try some 0-60 pulls and see if she can pull some good numbers, will post them when I get them :D

#56 · (Edited)
any of you guys use the pocketdyno iphone/ipod app? i now always get mid to low 4s 0-60 and high 12s 1/4, i hear that it is very accurate, while the lowest i got on the EVIC was 4.5 0-60 and 13.1 1/4 when comparing both.
the EVIC will almost always give me the same number weather it was a good launch/run or not, thats why i dont feel comfortable with it's accurracy.
pocketdyno results

first run:
1/8= 8.26 @ 85.84
1/4= 12.88 @ 107.96
0-60= 4.28

second run:
1/8= 8.22 @ 86.18
1/4= 12.81 @ 109.11
0-60= 4.25

EVIC results:
1/4= 31.1 @ 106 both runs
0-60=4.6 first run
4.5= second run

all runs are on the same road and launch point with 70F +/-.
using AEM DRYFLOW replacement filter only.

so what do you think guys? EVIC or POCKETDYNO?

#57 ·
The EVIC as been run at the track by members and is usually damn close to the track times. Some have tried iPhone/Android apps for 0-60 times as well.

I trust the EVIC, it's pullin data from the Jeeps computers. Assuming no wheel slip it should be accurate.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#58 ·
The EVIC as been run at the track by members and is usually damn close to the track times. Some have tried iPhone/Android apps for 0-60 times as well.

I trust the EVIC, it's pullin data from the Jeeps computers. Assuming no wheel slip it should be accurate.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
but how do i know how accurate will the number be on the EVIC if the wheels spin? it happens to me in most of my runs, some times even when shifting from first to second with the paddles.

#60 · (Edited)
For the best launch you should have no wheel spin! Spinning tires is loosing traction and gaining higher 60' times ;) In the end with the AWD you'll have minimum slip. Talking a tenth of a second. Run the EVIC alongside the app at the same time and see how they compare. But, nonetheless, the EVIC is still good.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#62 ·
so went today to give it a go since the tempreture has risen to see how my srt8 would be effected, the best run was a 4.7, then it was 4.8 and the last two runs were 5.0 flat. big difference from the 4.5 that i used to get constantly at lower temps, thats if the temp had anything to do with it, i could only hope that it's nothing else.

#63 ·
ace
i am a huge believer that the this truck is very temp sensitive. i installed the hennessey induction system and ran the truck in 70 degree weather. i ran a 5.0 0-60. that is horrible considering that my best is 4.4 without the induction system but it was 19 degrees outside.
go figure!

#64 ·
The hemi is temp sensitive for sure. Now that I've ran mine at the track and verified the EVIC is spot on for it's performance measurements, that means my better times in cold weather would transfer over to the track. I ran at the track in hotter weather. Basically at cold 40 degrees I could get an 1/8 mile at 83 @ 8.3. At 65 degrees an 1/8 mile at 78 @ 8.7

All makes sense, cold air is more dense and more power.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#66 ·
ok so now that we conclude the issue with the high temp, i'm also loosing that pull feeling from the dig, and it also sort of misses at about 4000 rpm then goes back to normal. no more tires slipping.
can the same issue with the high temp be related or even a really bad dusty weather?
i'd hate to think that something is actually wrong with, my mind is not at ease at the moment

#68 · (Edited)
Im having exactly the same, it must be the dust and crap in the air out here.

I'm struggling to gt under 5 secs at the moment, maybe give it a blast early doors to see when it's fresh if it makes a difference? But doesn't feel as quick for sure actually was hoping I hadn't broke it!

It's been pretty horrible here lately so fingers crossed its down to that. Do you think a cold air intake would help? My mate has just fitted one To a ctsv to ensure he keeps the power through summer but wasn't sure if it would make that much difference.

Just out of Internet where did you get your rear chrome panel painted in UAE?

#69 ·
I'm at yas Marina for the drag races, the temp here in Abu dhabi is higher than in Dubai, and it's a b1tch to get even 5 seconds flat, i even ran 5.4 for f@&£ sake. the low end is just terrible, just tterible. I just had an oil change last night and they hooked their pc to check engine performance which showed that it is functioning just fine. I could almost swear that when I picked it up from the service centre and drove to abudhabi that something was wrong with it, but they have already closed by then. Im very interested to see what every body with the wk2 in the UAE is going through at the moment.

#70 ·
Don't suppose u were driving up to Abu dhabi last night around 7 ish, I was heading up there for Elton John concert and passed a silver srt8 .

Agreed there certainly loosing power in the heat!

Mine goes in for 1k service tomorrow. Just out of interest do u know why the cars in UAE don't have remote start?

#72 ·
Small world! Yeah I asked them st trading enterprise and they said it won't be available hee so not sure why.

Maybe we can eat it from USA and install here? , just thinking it would be very handy about 15 minutes before I walk out then office to fire it up from the window when summer arrives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.