Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Stage 6 SUCKS!!

7K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  WIPLASH 
#1 · (Edited)
Lots of BOOST that is...Just wanted to give a shout out to the Stage 6 crew for building me a a BAD@SS Jeep.My build took longer than planned but after riding in the Jeep for the first time, It was well worth the wait.. :)

Stage 6 installed their 88 mm turbo kit and they also had to go through the engine (new pistons for boost, lower compression etc) . She put down 867 on pump gas and 1103 on Shell race...Needless to say she is a MONSTER

I had the chance to run today at the track for the first time. Take into account that this is fastest vehicle I have owned and still getting used to the ins and outs of this turbo beast (she has way more potential once we get the kinks out of me lol) ..
All runs were in full street trim, pump gas, Nitto Nt05r on rear @28 psi, and Nitto Nto5 on front @28 psi

1st pass: On the wastegate (roughly 700 rwhp) 10.86 @ 129.8 ...1.66 60 ft
2nd pass: On low boost (878 rwhp) 10.39 @ 135...1.70 60 ft

Both these runs were pretty much leaving with 0 boost off the line..I have a 2 step but I did'nt give it time to build any boost before i left (OOPsy sorry Harrison rookie mistake) . The track prep was poor but the weather (DA 366) was decent.

Needless to say I am freakin thrilled with these times on low boost and with my learning curve coming into play..I'm confident to say these times will only get better and I can't wait to really unleash her fury and turn it up to HI boost

Thanks again to Harrison, Dwight, Joel, and any others who helped with the build. I look forward to sharing better times and hopefully some nice street kills on the forum.

See less See more
#7 ·
It's about right
There's much more to a build than picking up a pwr longblock off a Black Friday sale

Some low end ROUGH figures (vary depending on builder, turbo etc) for details I suggest pm ing the vendors

Upgrading driveline - $10,000

Longblock - $10,000

Turbo kit - $10,000

Fuel system -$3,000

Then there's tuning, transport, small intangibles, a cage, new tires, etc.

Do it right or don't do it

#9 ·
Congrats on the insane build man. I'm sure you are loving it! Sounds like Stage6 did another fantastic job.

Reactions: cobragsxr
#13 ·
Congrats on the awesome build! Sounds like you wasted no time bringing her to the track to see what she could do. Enjoy and hopefully see you at some of the MSHS Events next year!

#14 ·
Congratulations on the new build. Enjoy!!

#15 ·
Congrats and welcome to the family! A few of us know that first turbo feel like no other! 10 seconds on wastegate! Sweeeeeeet!

#16 ·
Glad you're diggin' it Thomas. I have a feeling after a few revisions and learning how to drive/launch it, you could be tapping on 9's on pump gas.

Luckily for Thomas, he already had the 419 and full driveline. :D We didn't get that sale. :(

Have fun with it man. Don't do anythig I wouldn't do. :lol:

Oh...... you forgot Shrek. He's whining.

#18 ·
Glad you're diggin' it Thomas. I have a feeling after a few revisions and learning how to drive/launch it, you could be tapping on 9's on pump gas.

Luckily for Thomas, he already had the 419 and full driveline. :D We didn't get that sale. :(

Have fun with it man. Don't do anythig I wouldn't do. :lol:

Oh...... you forgot Shrek. He's whining.
My bad! Thanks Shrek!

#17 ·
Thanks Everyone!.....Oh forgot to mention on that first run, a trailered "race" Trailblazer SS on full slicks and skinnies up front made a point to go out of his way to pull up to the line with me...I got it all on the Go-Pro! The camera was facing forward and needless to say we shall call the SS's appearance a very SHORT cameo on that video...Im pretty sure he had his ride in reverse :)

#19 ·
dam i gotta come check this thing out your only like 30 minutes away from my house. i wish i had a fast jeep :( whenever i get it out the paint booth i gotta work on some logs for JB.

#21 ·
OP, I think you misspelled ROCKS in the title.

Enjoy that beast.

#26 ·
Thanks Keoni! Thanks for the insight on the 88..I definetly had to follow ur lead on that BIG BOY..

#38 ·
Ha! at the track i started thinking i need more camera's mounted!...then the racer in me said how much do those go-pro's weigh?? :thinkerg:

#36 · (Edited)
Congrats on your Stage 6 beast man, you started out with a great DNA on that truck, so I know 9's are easy on that low mileage build, and the SKY is definitely the limit :D

#37 · (Edited)
Thanks!..I definitely need to thank Joe (Toothmonger) for building the foundation of my Jeep before I purchased from him...Between his ownership and mine, that Jeep has got to be one of the most cared for Jeeps on the planet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.