Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Who has the fastest 60' time?? And Why??

4K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  whitehemi 
#1 ·
Who out there has the fastest 60' time? And why do you think that is?? Tires? HP? Track conditions?? And does it relate to the fastest 1/4 mile time, or 0-60 time???? Thoughts???

#2 ·
I ran a 1.59 on Toyo Proxe S/T tires...Vortech on 6.1 with Borla

Keoni ran a 1.57 on Nitto NT05 tires...Vortech, heads, cam, headers

Factors...in order of importance
1. Track prep/weather
2. Driving ability believe it or not
3. Power delivery...progressive(smoother) or sudden(more traction loss)....
4. Tires
5. Stall....hasn't shown much improvement...as I have yet to see any high stalls beat my time or Keonis on stock converters

a tenth in the 0-60 is like almost 2 tenths in the quarter......i THINK....but i may be off a little

#4 ·
I think the best 60 depends on gearing, my money says Sarge runs a very low 1.5 maybe even a 1.48. Just a hunch I have, other than that the best 60's so far have been with the stock converter which I couldn't get out of the 1.7's with. My best is 1.666 so I know I have a better time in me if I could get that down. Traction has always been an issue for me too!!

#5 ·
some folks pull abs fuse and say that that helps their launch. track prep, tire and not spinning too much. high stall will only hurt that unless you have four true track tires that you can actually heat up.

Me, 1.65,iirc, good track prep and not too much of a stall up before launch. I drift left if I do that. had a 1.728 when I ran pb.

#6 ·
My best is a 1.71 and normally run in the 1.7s. Track prep and weather are the biggest factors for my OEM tires to hook up nice.

#25 · (Edited)
Best 60' of 1.60...... consistent average of 1.61-1.65...no more no less with stock converter and street Michelins/Latitudes. Just a good old, well built N/A 426 with stock compression, .570lift cam and stock valve heads.

On another subject, soon I believe going true AWD and lower gearing will be the modification of choice beyond any other bolt on.

#26 ·
Best 60' of 1.60...... consistent average of 1.61-1.65...no more no less with stock converter and street Michelins/Latitudes. Just a good old, well built N/A 426 with stock compression, .570lift cam and stock valve heads.

On another subject, soon I believe going true AWD and lower gearing will be the modification of choice beyond any other bolt on.

The idea of increased traction is a pretty exciting one. Should fly out the hole if it hooks. As for the last part of your last sentence, that's hyperbole, especially considering the costs of front and rear diff and gears discussed in prior threads. I hadn't seen a gear adjustment in the diablo, are there any electronic adjustments needed for the new gear, or is same in front and back make it ok like a nominal change in tire circum. You mentioned in a prior thread that ds had a gear adjustment. I hadn't seen that in my predator, then again I didn't look very hard. ;)

#34 ·
prep

Track prep is huge for a guy that doesn't have the touch to be consistent<> ME

My SRT 6 @ Memphis pulled a 1.61 on street tires. I was the first run of the day and on a fresh coat of VHT. That 3K lb car has a twinscrew and always runs high 1.9's or worse on both tracks in KC and later runs @ Memphis

My 408 RT runs mid 1.8's but pulled a 1.71 @ HPT on a fresh shot of VHT
My SRT8 always runs 2.0's with one low 1.9 again on fresh track prep @ KCIR

IMO freak 60 ft are track prep related, consistent 60 are driver skill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.