Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Fastest 1/8 mile N/A Time??

5K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  Blown7 
#1 ·
What is it??

I've been searching but data is all over the place.

I'm seeing an average of around 8 seconds for 80-85 MPH for a stock 6.1???

#3 ·
On my best 12.16 pass, I got 7.751 but it did not record MPH last year.
Claude

#13 ·
#19 ·
Thanks guys, yes I was looking for bone stock 1/8th mile times, no headers etc just a tune.

#21 ·
I ran a 8.06 @ 84.77 with mods listed on my sig.

#23 ·
8.32 on my best Pure Stock run of 13.02,back in '06, sorry no MPH for 1/8
Claude

#26 ·
my best last year in 55* weather. Nov 18 2007

couldn't get the picture/slip to display.........

timeslip info

r/t .131
60ft 1.72
330 5.10
1/8 7.96
mph 85.70

1000 10.44
1/4 12.54
mph 106.65

mods, all stock with modded airbox w/k&n, scoop mod, fuse pulled, 180* stat
B&G CMR w/my adjustments. autostick, flat punch, shallow stage.

#30 ·
I think the 40's would be better if it gets too cold traction becomes an issue I think mid to high 40's low to negative DA no wind clear sunny day to warm the track plenty of sticky on the track, AHH a 1/4 mile wet dream

#31 · (Edited)
You guys are missing this whole thing he wants stock plus tune ONLY. As most of us have CAI, i would say lets keep it to mods listed below.
ONLY MODS ALLOWED PERIOD.
CAI,TUNE AND TIRES NO WIDER THAN 1 IN OVER STOCK OEM TIRES. LIST RACE WT AS THIS CAN MAKE THE BIG DIFFERENCE.

MODS NOT ALLOWED.
Any aftermarket part that replaces a oem part except CAI, TUNE AND TIRE NO WIDER THAN 1 IN OVER STOCK OEM TIRES.
The way it looks the only ones that even come close is WADE and ME LOL. The only difference in our JEEPS is im about 107 lbs heavier in RACE WT than WADE.

#32 ·
Yep thats about it I'm just trying to understand..... the relationship between the factory tune in the PCM verses what we can modify in the tune now...
And the only reason I'm using 1/8th mile times and MPH is the road in front of my home allows me to make those runs safely.

Then I'll use the runway for WOT runs..

Then I can do TCM tuning comparisions...

The way I determine the 1/8th mile (feet traveled) distance is by the wheel revolutions.

#33 · (Edited)
I can post my timeslip from the track if you want Jim broke it down for me
My only mods are the MHP/B&G tune and BWoody I do run the 275/315 tire setup so not sure if that changes the gearing

from 9/20/08

from 9/26/08

#35 ·
Are you right lane or left lane?

#34 ·
BTW right now I'm seeing 8.1-2's at 83-84 ish MPH for just a PCM tune, and a K&N drop in

29.26 Baro
68 degrees F ambient temp.
WOT spark advance of 36.5 degrees and 8.5 degrees of Knock sensor retard.

#37 ·
I've experimented a bit with the advance and letting the KR pull it back till the PCM calculates it to a safe advance and that allows me to adjust the KR by adding different fuel, s hitty gas will pull the advance back but adding race fuel or Avgas allows the PCM to adjust the advance further

Either way I see no benefit to adjusting the PCM for no KR.

My belief is .....let the knock sensors do the work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.