Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

3 Gauge Pillar Pod Almost Complete

7K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  SRT8LoveR 
#1 ·
Been working on this for a couple months now and finally got back to it over the weekend. Hopefully have it done and back in the jeep some time in the next 2 weeks.

Started with a 2 gauge pod, bought a couple of them to work on. Bought a single gauge pod with similar curvature as the other 2. Not exact, but close. Cut to fit, then molded it in with some fiberglass and smoothed it out with a tiny bit of bondo. Still have some sanding and filling to do, but it's getting there. More than likely dip it when im done. But hopefully i can start getting these out to those interested. Just dunno if i'll make a mold, or if each one will be custom done like this. Who knows. But finishes will be, grey, black, body color, or Hydro dipped.

Just glued on here. I angled it a bit more than the other 2 so its more visible to the driver.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice work .

Reactions: kmitch80
#3 ·
looking good............

#7 ·
Hahaha.... Naw it a cool bro! I am good I was just messing with you...

Thanks though!!

#9 ·
well heres some updated pics. dipped it yesterday and cleared today. came out better than expected. I'll get some day time pics up tomorrow. My 3rd gauge should be here friday so i'll have it all in and lookin' good by saturday.

#13 ·
#19 ·
Definitely will hit you up for one of these how much if you have the dual pod mount already and what other schemes can you do btw came out very clean

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
If you've already got the dual pod knock off $100. I figured it would be about $200 painted. And $260 Dipped. TONS of other patterns. PM sent so Bernie doesn't rip me a new A$$! :silly:

#18 ·
#23 ·
No suction mount here, made a custom mount for it center dash. But I want to move it but the afr makes sense I guess.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#27 ·
Indeed. I'm thinking about one and would like my other pillar dipped as well.

Roll Out!!

Hit me up with a price for both.

#29 · (Edited)
here is the finished product with the new NO2 gauge

Here is my only issue. With the 3 gauges, each has 2 wires going to it. For a total of 6 wires under the pod. So it no longer fits snug and tight to the original pillar and you can see a small gap all the way down the inside of the windshield. I'm looking for ways to fix this tho.

Drivers View

#30 ·
Looks nice bro!!!! Did you make a nice size hold for the wires behind each Pod run the wires to each gauge and still the gap is there?

#32 ·
Yeah I have a custom modified stock A pillar and I drilled a hole and then use a dremel tool to make a hold behind each pod ...... Mine fines fine with all the cables behind it and Iam only using the top 10mm bolt as the one on the bottom has been blocked off...

#34 · (Edited)
They are 55 bucks online bro.... No way to can go back to stock now anyways, so might as well go all the way with it...

Is it just me or does it look like maybe the bottom pod should have been moved up a bit to fit the Trinity in or do you think it fits fine the way it is right now?

Reactions: tugboatchad
#37 ·
#38 ·
start to finish i'd say about 6-8 WORKING hours. Alot of it was measuring, test fitting, trying to get the 3rd pod to sit just right. then fiber glass and sand x3. then light bondo x2 to smooth out some areas. followed by paint, dip, clear. Now that the first one is done, could probably cut the hours down to 4-5

#41 ·
I want one and the other side dipped too.

Roll Out!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.