Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Where do I put the Xmas tree??????

3K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  barho 
#1 ·
I know someone out there has the same question.

Our other vehicle is an Acura TSX, so I kinda need to use the beast to get the tree. What's the best plan? Place blanket over top and tire rope within vehicle?

Used to just tie to the rack on my 4Runner, but now......:confused:

#3 ·
Go to Walmart get a plastic one in a box

Proceed home and spend 4 hours assembling:(

get annoyed and completely lose the Christmas spirit:mad:

Listen to the family complain "Its just not the same as a real tree":eek:

get annoyed with the family

Spend Christmas alone with the plastic tree but know the SRT never got scratched or abused:rolleyes:

#10 ·
I was thinking more of adding x-mas lights to the car freshener hanging on the mirror.

#11 ·
I put our tree in the back on towels(9 1/2 ft) and drove with the hatch up. Had no problems, drove 4 miles. Exhaust sounds good with the hatch up.

#13 ·
barho said:
I know someone out there has the same question.

Our other vehicle is an Acura TSX, so I kinda need to use the beast to get the tree. What's the best plan? Place blanket over top and tire rope within vehicle?

Used to just tie to the rack on my 4Runner, but now......:confused:
Just brought a 7 footer home ---put rear seats down--line the deck with long pieces of cardboard covering surface--get tree-- have tree wrapped at seller with mesh cloth--slide tree in 'trunk first' with plastic bag tied to tree trunk--close tail gate as far as possible and tie to inside rear seat clamps--drive home with 'gate open' message on--untie gate at home and slide the tree out by pulling cardboard, the tree comes right along with it. blow out any remaining needles from the back of the front seats with a leaf blower. no fuss no must, guaranteed not to collect dust, good hunting.

#15 ·
Go to Sam's Club and get one of those BIG boxes of Handi Wrap plastic wrap(about 18" wide). If you get the tree from someplace that sells Xmas trees, they can usually fit that elastic mess stuff around the tree. After they do that, wrap the whole thing with Handi Wrap. The finished product won't make a mess in your GC but it might still be too long to close the hatch. Be sure to drive with the windows open cause you're going to be pulling exhaust fumes in from the open hatch.:eek:

#20 ·
Let's see what would Clark Griswold do, ........:confused: hmm, Oh yea this is what he'd do! :D :D

jlandbl said:
I tip toed into my neighbors yard last night and cut down a nice 7 footer from his front yard. It's perfect.
LOL, so have you found the squirrel yet! :p This thread is cracking me up.

Seriously though I would just throw a big piece of cardboard on top of the Jeep, wrap the tree with twine or something and tie it off through the windows. You should still be able to put the windows up if you use twine.

#21 ·
Had a feeling this thread was cause a few chuckles :D

Anyway, used my parents Chevy Blazer. Would have put the seats down, but the infant seat needed to be inside. Babies first Christmas tree, so he had to be there (per the wife) when it was cut down.

MERRY XMAS ALL!!!!!

#22 ·
barho said:
Had a feeling this thread was cause a few chuckles :D

Anyway, used my parents Chevy Blazer. Would have put the seats down, but the infant seat needed to be inside. Babies first Christmas tree, so he had to be there (per the wife) when it was cut down.

MERRY XMAS ALL!!!!!
LOL There you go get your parent's Blazer full of tree sap. ;) Quick thinking! :D Congrats on the newborn, hope you have a Merry Christmas as well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.