Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Has this happened to anyone else?

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Crookster777 
#1 ·
On three occasions now I've been dissed by other GCSRT owners in my area. I've seen plenty in Chicago which is just north of me but I haven't seen any in my area until just recently. The first one I saw was a black one in front of me. I casually pulled along side to give the nod and the approval. It was a couple young guys prob late 20's and they looked at me like I was nuts! When I waved he hit the breaks and slowed way down and got behind the car behind me. On another occassion I caught a red one at a light so I put the window down gave the horn a tap and the same thing happened! He looked at me like I was nuts. The third one was pretty much the same story. I'm 40 and wear a shirt and tie to work everyday so I can't immagine I look very threatening. And two of the times I had my wife and kid with me. The other thing I noticed about all three of them was how freaking slow they were driving! My wife even ran into one the other day she got stuck behind while she was driving her Ram. I don't get it, I love my Jeep and I always drive it like I stole it. I'm starting to think I'm just overly enthusiastic about my Jeep. Maybe I'm the freak. :eek:

#10 ·
I think most people go shopping for the limited or overland, they see the SRT8 in the showroom that looks 10X better for a marginal increase in price, and they wind up buying it... never really having any idea what they're getting. For a lot of people its just a cool looking car, nevermind whats under their foot.

#12 ·
Winston, I got my '05 when there was no word of SRT8 yet, all I can say is my lease is almost over and I'm currently trying very hard to get into a jeep SRT8.
But I agree with you, most of other jeep potential buyers can see a jeep SRT8 on a showroom and they don't even see a difference, most care if it can do better mpg than the other model next to it.

#11 ·
Not everyone is a car enthusiast, they just buy cars to take them from point A to point B. There's have been times I waived at people in jeeps and they awknowledge, others just ignore you.
One time on the highway I waived and give the thumbs up at a couple in a Jeep SRT8 next to me, and they had a look on their face like "we don't know who you are" and didn't wave or thumbs up or nothing... Another proof that no matter what vehicle some people drive, they are just not into cars, even when they buy rare cars because they just can.

Maybe we GC owners should have a code sign like the wrangler guys have the "V".

#19 ·
Maybe SRT guys don't get the "It's a Jeep thing". I know the red one wasn't me. I would have waved and probably would have been driving fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.